Foren

OpenAM Liferay Integration

Anil KC, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

OpenAM Liferay Integration

Junior Member Beiträge: 35 Beitrittsdatum: 21.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
I am trying to integrate OpenAM with Liferay to get advantage of SSO. I did the basic integration where the OpenAM profile is imported to liferay. I just want to authenticate Liferay Database(MySQL) Users profile with OpenAM for now. How can it be done? Or, is there any other ideal approach to integrate OpenAM with Liferay?
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: OpenAM Liferay Integration

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1554 Beitrittsdatum: 24.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
Not sure what your exact requirements are, but I have configured OpenAM and Liferay a couple of times.
OpenAM has a jdbc provider, but I am not sure that will work without customizations with Liferay. I believe Liferay stores the password encrypted in the database.

I believe the easiest way is to set up SSO is through SAML2. Download the SAML2 portlet from the marketplace, configure Liferay as an IdP and OpenAM as SP. You get lots of search engine hits with "SAML2 liferay opensso", so a lot of people (at least) tried that.
Anil KC, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: OpenAM Liferay Integration

Junior Member Beiträge: 35 Beitrittsdatum: 21.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
Christoph Rabel:
Not sure what your exact requirements are, but I have configured OpenAM and Liferay a couple of times.
OpenAM has a jdbc provider, but I am not sure that will work without customizations with Liferay. I believe Liferay stores the password encrypted in the database.

I believe the easiest way is to set up SSO is through SAML2. Download the SAML2 portlet from the marketplace, configure Liferay as an IdP and OpenAM as SP. You get lots of search engine hits with "SAML2 liferay opensso", so a lot of people (at least) tried that.

I found that SAML2 plugin is for EE version of Liferay. Is there any other way that i can implement SSO with OpenAM and configure Liferay as IdP?