Foren

Liferay deploy folder

thumbnail
vaseem bari, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay deploy folder

Junior Member Beiträge: 86 Beitrittsdatum: 26.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
I am working on liferay and wanting to know one thing from long time ie
what is the difference b/w putting the war file in deploy folder and Webapp folder of tomcat.

Thanks and Rgds
Vaseem bari
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Liferay deploy folder

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 19.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
Putting war file into deploy folder Liferay Hot Deploy listener will listen and packed them into webapps folder.

I dont think you can put WAR file directly into webapp folder.. is there any option?
thumbnail
vaseem bari, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 86 Beitrittsdatum: 26.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Zubair,

Yes, if you coppy any wars into webapp folder, they get deployed. I have some doubt that will they update the existing build?

Vaseem Bari
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 19.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
Sorry I never tried in this way.

Liferay Hot deploy Listener will take the war file copied into /deploy folder of server. But why do want to try like this..?

At-least you can copy into /deploy folder of server instead of directly putting into webapps. right? emoticon
Hussain Shaikh, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 44 Beitrittsdatum: 07.06.12 Neueste Beiträge
I think Vaseem needs to know what is that specific use of having deploy folder in design perspective, just for ease of use or it has some other wisdom.
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 493 Beitrittsdatum: 26.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Vaseem bari

In Tomcat there is no difference between copying war file in deploy folder and webapps folder. But webapps folder is not available in other servers like jboss 7. Jboss 7 deployment process and Folder structure is totally different from tomcat, weblogic and websphere. To make deployment process generic in all servers, liferay have deploy folder in which we can copy war file after that liferay will automatic deploy and save developers to learn deployment process of specific servers emoticon emoticon.
thumbnail
Tonu Sri, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 197 Beitrittsdatum: 15.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Manish,

I don't think in Tomcat both deploy folder and webapps folder are same for deployment.

As I mentioned Liferay does some changes (massaging) in web.xml file of plugin deployed through deploy folder to recognize the plugin.

If you deploy any portlet directly to webapp directory of tomcat, it will not come in Add application menu as portlet.

Tonu
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
If you look at files in the WEB-INF folder, you'll find liferay adds some files when deploying.
thumbnail
Tonu Sri, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 197 Beitrittsdatum: 15.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Vaseem,

Liferay Deploy folder does massaging for your plugin. As mentioned by Hitoshi, you can see some changes in web.xml file after deployment.

It is also possible to deploy the web application using the mechanisms provided by the application server being used. But before deploying it is necessary to do some massaging to the WAR file that will allow Liferay Portal to notice that a new portlet application has been deployed. The com.liferay.portal.tools.PortletDeployer should be used to do this.

You can make a war file of application deployed in webapp directory and then deploy in other tomcat' webapp directly.

Tonu