English (United Kingdom)
English (United States)
Liferay is a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for the Sixth Year!
Find out why
Gartner Magic Quadrant
Liferay Social Office
(Öffnet neues Fenster)
Als Antwort markieren
Newbie Questions about Social Office
17. Februar 2013 08:39
Rang: New Member
Eintrittsdatum: 31. Januar 2013
I read the documentation on Social Office, and I am confused about a couple of topics - public pages, private pages, and sites. I realize these are Liferay questions as well, but since I am also asking about the use of Social Office for my particular application, I thought I would start here. I have read about the private/public pages in the Liferay docs, but I am still having troubles translating Liferay to my particular needs.
What I want to build is a private site for a couple of coworkers (max 6) to collaborate on projects and share documents. Apps we need - calendar, tasks, address book, shared documents, with everything behind a login prompt and email notifications when anything changes. It would be nice to have https access only, but not critical. I think that means no public pages, but I am stumbling over the terminology at this point. We are currently using just email and a spreadsheet task list. Very primitive and hard to work with. As a first pass, I setup a separate gmail account for all the apps we need, but that is daunting for them and not used. The other users are not computer savvy, so a bunch of buttons for private pages, public pages, sites, etc. will be confusing and off-putting. Just a simple one page url to login and then simple menu to access the information. Nothing fancier or they will not use it.
My questions -
1. What are a person's private pages and public pages?
2. How do these pages differ from a site? I think I am getting confused by all the complexity of Liferay - it seems to be geared for a large corporation with many users, many intranets, departments, locations, etc. I don't mean that as a criticism, but for my application, I need to boil it down to its simplest form for my team of Luddites....;)
3. Should I install Social Office 2.0, then create a Social Office site, then add users to that site? It seems from the documentation that this is what I should do. Or do I use the default site that is initially installed when I install Liferay?
4. Can I simplify/dumb-down Liferay/Social Office to meet our needs?
5. Beyond the documentation would you recommend any other resources for me to read (books, blogs, wikis, etc.)?
6. One app I would like to have in the future is an expense app - some way to enter expense amounts, scanned receipts, and a workflow to process the request and get paid. But I can wait for that.
P.S. I am using the community editions of the software.
Melden Sie sich an, um diesen Artikel zu bewerten.
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Inhalt als unangebracht zu kennzeichnen.