Foren

Public page with link to private community

gordon daniels, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Public page with link to private community

Liferay Master Beiträge: 797 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
I have a public site with a page that has a link to private community/page. I want a user to come to public page and click on link, then be presented with the create account page. They then create an account and can view the page.

I have that working but for one thing. When I change the authentication to allow users to create an account, it does it for the public community as well. I don't want that. Just for the private community.

Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Public page with link to private community

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve.

1) This is the expected behavior. When a user creates an account, the account can be used for all communities in your site (assuming they have permission). You can't have different credentials for different communities.

2) If you're saying that the user can view both the public community and the private community. This is also the expected behavior. All users have access the the public community.

Samuel: thanks for the reply. That clears that up. I was hoping we could have different credentials for a private community.
thumbnail

You might want to look into creating a separate portal instance for your public and private site. It might fit your requirements better.

Samuel: thanks for the help. I thought of that too. That is probably the only way to do what I want.

thanks again
Sebastian Berry, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.13 Neueste Beiträge
I'm also just starting to look at Liferay for our community site.

The community in this case is a condo building. I'd like to have a "welcome" page where our residents can register. Once registration has been approved, they can view pages such as newsletters, meeting minutes and other files shared with "residents".

But we also need another group for our council members where they can be assigned permissions such as uploading documents, editing users, editing page content, etc...

Is this easily done with Liferay?
Thanks.
thumbnail

I'm obviously bias, but yes, it's easy. It's just a matter of granting your council members the appropriate permissions.
zeeshan aayan, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 03.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
Brilliant post. I appreciate your thinking