Foren

Alfresco Or Liferay ? in better words, CMS or Portal?

thumbnail
Mahdi Lashkari, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Alfresco Or Liferay ? in better words, CMS or Portal?

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 02.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
I want to make an advertising website and I dont know that I should use liferay or alfresco? In other words, Does alfresco is proper for such a thing or I should use liferay? My main concern is performance and I thinks Liferay is very cpu and ram consuming. I think liferay has a lot of features which I dont need them but they slow process of request. Do I think right?
Thanks for your responses!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Alfresco Or Liferay ? in better words, CMS or Portal?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
I would use Liferay for that. AFAIK, Alfresco is more document oriented.

About performance, there are many parameters you can tune for improving it, so there's no problem .
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Alfresco Or Liferay ? in better words, CMS or Portal?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
If you're going to making a web site, you'll probably better do with Liferay. Some sites use liferay on the front end and use Alfresco on the backend to store files.

It's possible to delete or deactivate functionalities which you don't need in liferay.

As further information, we use both in our internatl system and have found that Alfresco is still mostly restricted to English language.
The main functionality of CMS is not to store data because it's easier to just store files directly in file system. The required feature of
CMS is the search functionality with permissions. Unfortunately, latest version of Alfresco is still using very old version of Apache Solr.