Foren

Critical issues on a balanced setup

Nicolás Rey, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Critical issues on a balanced setup

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 02.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Liferay partners

We`ve installed liferay EE (licensed) in two servers with a load balancer, but we get many issues like this;

1. Changes applied in one node doesn´t appear in the other one.
2. Changes applied in one node doesn´t appear inmediatly in the other one, they have a kind of delay.
3. Changes applied and saved, eventually were deleted without any human intervention.
4. Manytimes the portal crahsed, and some contents were deleted, also some contents were mutilated.
5. Eventually LR destroy an entire page, even when any editor are logged into it.

What recommendations do you have to solve this problem o what idea do you have about setup issues related or anything else?

My boss even have the idea of abort the LR project in our company.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Critical issues on a balanced setup

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Nicolas,

First of all, having an EE license probably you can contact Liferay support so they can help you.

Anyway, what version are you using?

What is your portal-ext.properties related to cluster/multicast?
Nicolás Rey, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Hi Juan, thanks for your interest

We have Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.1.20 EE.

Actually we´re using the LR support channel, but I note that it takes a long time to answer us. For this reason I decided to use this community forum.

I dont have access to the portal-ext.properties files in this days, but I will answer you soon about it.

Thanks a lot.
Nicolás Rey, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Hi Juan, thanks for your interest

1. We have Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.1.20 EE.

2. Actually we´re using the LR support channel, but I note that it takes a long time to answer us. For this reason I decided to use this community forum.

3. These are the settings related with multicast:

#ccluster
cluster.link.enabled=true

# setup for cluster
net.sf.ehcache.configurationResourceName=/sic-ehcache/sic-hibernate-clustered.xml
net.sf.ehcache.configurationResourceName.peerProviderProperties=peerDiscovery=automatic,multicastGroupAddress=${multicast.group.address["hibernate"]},multicastGroupPort=${multicast.group.port["hibernate"]},timeToLive=1

## EHCACHE: configuración clustered cache
ehcache.multi.vm.config.location=/sic-ehcache/sic-liferay-multi-vm-clustered.xml

# clustered
ehcache.multi.vm.config.location.peerProviderProperties=peerDiscovery=automatic,multicastGroupAddress=${multicast.group.address["multi-vm"]},multicastGroupPort=${multicast.group.port["multi-vm"]},timeToLive=20

redirect.url.security.mode=ip
redirect.url.ips.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP,192.168.1.15

These setting are identical for both servers.

If you can give any idea or help me with any information resource or document to setup correctly this servers I appreciate it.

Thanks a lot, and have a nice day.

Nicolás
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Sounds a lot like your cluster isn't clustered really. Make sure your cluster nodes actually communicates with each other.
Nicolás Rey, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Thanks Mika for your response.

I would to ask you if you know a tutorial or complete documentation to do that.

I didn´t found a complete resource and I preffer to ask you.

Thanks a lot
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Check EhCache documentation for cache clustering and JGroups documentation for cluster link communication channel docs. All the cluster link properties are documented in portal.properties just look for properties starting with cluster.link. and we also have a section in official docs about it.