Foren

Installing Liferay on distribuited configuration

thumbnail
Carlos Thompson, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Installing Liferay on distribuited configuration

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 26.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
I have seen diagrams on Liferay running on distribuited servers, however I had not found out a HOWTO on installing Liferay in a configuration like the following:

[browser]---{internet}---(firewall)---[presentation]---(firewall)---[duplications]---[databases]

Where part of Liferay (presentation) is in a server (at a DMZ) while logic and applications, as well as data, are in different servers in a protected zone.

The question: If I take a distribution such as Liferay 5.2 bundled with Tomcat, what should be placed in the presentation server, and what in the application servet, and how would they connect?

Thank you
Edan Idzerda, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Installing Liferay on distribuited configuration

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 25.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
For what it's worth, we use Apache as an HTTPS reverse proxy in the DMZ, talking to Liferay on JBoss in the internal network, which talks to a dedicated Oracle database server. So we don't separate at the application layer, but we use the reverse proxy to keep any application data out of the DMZ.

Cheers.
thumbnail
Carlos Thompson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Installing Liferay on distribuited configuration

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 26.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Finnaly I left the whole Liferay+JBoss+Tomcat and MySQL in the protected server and used Apache with mod_jk in the DMZ.

I still have a couple of problems. The DMZ Server is currently running some services that require ASP.NET and therefore it is also running IIS. It seams Apache should also reverse proxy IIS, but I have not been able to properly configure the proxy. My best solution so far has been for Apache to redirect requests to IIS' port.