Share document library across multiple instances
5. April 2013 10:15
Antwort

Kevin Niekamp

Rang: Junior Member

Nachrichten: 42

Eintrittsdatum: 11. Dezember 2008

Neue Beiträge

Has anyone shared documents stored in Liferay's document library across multiple liferay instances? I am curious if the new "Repository" feature within the document library could handle this?

Thanks,
Kevin
gordon daniels
RE: Share document library across multiple instances
7. April 2013 06:47
Antwort

gordon daniels

Rang: Liferay Master

Nachrichten: 670

Eintrittsdatum: 23. August 2008

Neue Beiträge

Kevin: I have not done this but its my understanding that if you use 'Global' in the control panel that could make the document library available.

good luck
Kevin Niekamp
8. April 2013 14:21
Antwort

Kevin Niekamp

Neue Beiträge

I could use the global scope if it was across sites/organizations within the same instance ... however this is across multiple virtual instances of liferay. And/or potentially could be across 2 different installs of Liferay.

Thanks,
Kevin
Srikanth Konjarla
8. April 2013 14:43
Antwort

Srikanth Konjarla

Nachrichten: 51

Eintrittsdatum: 24. Oktober 2008

Neue Beiträge

You could setup a NFS storage accessible from different liferay instances and configure Document Library to use the shared mount on each liferay instance. This works with default Advanced File System hook. Another option is to configure Jackrabbit (JCR) to use database and configure for cluster. The same jackrabbit db configuration can then be used by different Liferay instances. HTH.
Kevin Niekamp
8. April 2013 14:48
Antwort

Kevin Niekamp

Neue Beiträge

Thanks for the info. If I used the Advanced File System ... When I add a document to one instance would it automatically be available in the other instance? I am not sure how the other instance would know about the new file?

Thanks,
Kevin
Srikanth Konjarla
8. April 2013 15:26
Antwort

Srikanth Konjarla

Nachrichten: 51

Eintrittsdatum: 24. Oktober 2008

Neue Beiträge

Yes as it is a shared filesystem and liferay instances are configured with same mount point. Make sure that the in-memory cache replication is setup and working properly to make the changes known to other instances immediately.
Kevin Niekamp
8. April 2013 16:30
Antwort

Kevin Niekamp

Neue Beiträge

When I say multiple instances, I mean multiple liferay companies and not a clustered configuration. It looks like the advanced file system hook separates the docs by company id at the file system level so not real sure how this would work.

Thanks
Kevin