Foren

Share document library across multiple instances

Kevin Niekamp, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Share document library across multiple instances

Junior Member Beiträge: 42 Beitrittsdatum: 11.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Has anyone shared documents stored in Liferay's document library across multiple liferay instances? I am curious if the new "Repository" feature within the document library could handle this?

Thanks,
Kevin
gordon daniels, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Share document library across multiple instances

Liferay Master Beiträge: 797 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
Kevin: I have not done this but its my understanding that if you use 'Global' in the control panel that could make the document library available.

good luck

I could use the global scope if it was across sites/organizations within the same instance ... however this is across multiple virtual instances of liferay. And/or potentially could be across 2 different installs of Liferay.

Thanks,
Kevin
Srikanth Konjarla, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 51 Beitrittsdatum: 25.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
You could setup a NFS storage accessible from different liferay instances and configure Document Library to use the shared mount on each liferay instance. This works with default Advanced File System hook. Another option is to configure Jackrabbit (JCR) to use database and configure for cluster. The same jackrabbit db configuration can then be used by different Liferay instances. HTH.

Thanks for the info. If I used the Advanced File System ... When I add a document to one instance would it automatically be available in the other instance? I am not sure how the other instance would know about the new file?

Thanks,
Kevin
Srikanth Konjarla, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 51 Beitrittsdatum: 25.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Yes as it is a shared filesystem and liferay instances are configured with same mount point. Make sure that the in-memory cache replication is setup and working properly to make the changes known to other instances immediately.

When I say multiple instances, I mean multiple liferay companies and not a clustered configuration. It looks like the advanced file system hook separates the docs by company id at the file system level so not real sure how this would work.

Thanks
Kevin
donino pienni, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 81 Beitrittsdatum: 02.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
Same question i would need to share documents across multiple companies. Let's say we have two companies A and B, company A is the main instance. Here is what i tried so far:

__ Liferay portal
_____ Portal instance company A
__________ Global site A
______________ Document & Media
___________________ Shared folder (access permission for guests)
______________________ Document D1
______________________ Document D2
__________ Site A1
__________ Site A2
_____ Portal instance company B
__________ Site B1
__________ Site B2

With this setup i try to access documents D1 and D2 from a custom portlet using Liferay documents api, here is what i get:
- All users of company A and guests can access these documents from site A1 and site A2
- Administrators of company B can access these documents from site B1 and site B2
- Other users of company B and guest can't access these documents. I tried to assign regular roles, site roles, organization roles it didn't help i always get a permission exception.

I understand this is probably an expected behavior but we really need to share a folder so i wonder if someone has found a setup to workaround this?

Thanks!