Foren

Exporting to JSON

Paul Schlacter, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Exporting to JSON

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.13 Neueste Beiträge
I am wondering if there is a simple way of exporting the content of a site created in Liferay into JSON or another standard format?

Looking to move from a very proprietary CMS into one which offers us more options, as well as not locking in our content and making it difficult to move.

Appreciate any ideas.

Pauly
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Exporting to JSON

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Yeah, because it's not like the other CMSs that use an open, shared, well-documented, and easy to export entire content libs...

We are looking to move our department's employee portal off of dying technology and onto something that plays well with other software. We've spent 4 months trying to upgrade to the most recent version of the app, but can't get the upgrade to work due to some crappy software developed by a fly-by-night that they don't plan to update to the new version.

Now they are talking about ANOTHER upgrade fixing everything, but we can't get there. Since we need to start over in order to upgrade anyway, we'd like to get some software that is supported and actively being developed.

If we can export our content (12000 pages) to csv or json, how difficult would importing into Liferay be? My earlier question was about trying to be sure that we wouldn't be locking our content up again if we went to Liferay.

Thanks

Pauly
thumbnail

Well, for this scenario, if it were up to me I'd use Alfresco for the CMS. Liferay can integrate w/ alfresco, and it separates the content from the Liferay version(s)...

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Pauly
thumbnail

Note I'd only go this route if you were really sure the Liferay CMS wouldn't work. I use the Liferay CMS to store not just content but docs, images, and audio files. Haven't had any issues at all, don't have to worry about another server w/ another product and getting the integration right...

I'd much rather go with Liferay based on what I have heard and seen about the product. Our old CMS, Plone, is clearly circling the drain and the version which was supposed to ffix our issues was supposed to have been released in March 2013 and is now looking to be a year late.

I'd be interested in people who have upgraded to Liferay from Plone sharing their experiences. Is this a hard thing to do?

Pauly