Foren

Create a service and publish on tunnel WEB

Daniel Valverde, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Create a service and publish on tunnel WEB

New Member Beiträge: 13 Beitrittsdatum: 08.07.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I need to develop a service, I know that I can develop a service with service builder, but the service builder you need to define a entity and the service generate this table on the data base and I don need it, I only need a Service where I can publish same functionalities.

Thanks, and I am sorry that my English is not so fine.
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Create a service and publish on tunnel WEB

Regular Member Beiträge: 230 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Daniel.

Plugin's Remote services are not exposed through Tunnel Web. Only core's services are.

Just make sure that remote-service="true" at service.xml

<entity name="Foo" .. remote-service="true">
</entity>

And generate services

ant build-service

and

ant build-wsdd

Generate client to you remote services (liferay has to be running at 8080 port, with plugin deployed)

ant build-client

Hope this was helpful,

Sampsa

Thanks I know that I can so generate a service accesible by SOAP, But in this manner the service builder generate a table in the data base and only I need to generate a service without generationt of tables.

Thanks again
David Ilechukwu, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 154 Beitrittsdatum: 07.06.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Daniel -
ServiceBuillder is actually quite configurable & there are many ways to generate a service without generating tables or even the entity itself.
Try adding this to your service.xml (then run servicebuilder):

Assuming you want to produce a Service called CustomService with access to Contact Persistence -

<entity name="Custom" local-service="true" remote-service="true">
        <!-- PK fields -->
        <!-- FK fields -->
        <!-- Attribute fields -->
        <!-- Audit fields -->

<!-- Reference packages -->
        <reference package-path="com.liferay.portal" entity="Contact" />
    </entity>

I have used this approach many times & it always works. Should solve your problem.

Let me know if it does.

Thanks David it work fine, now for the SOAP, in the nameclassSoap i must define the different static method and run the build-wsdl task, It is right???

Thanks again emoticon

Great! Good to know it worked for you.
You do not need to modify the Soap files directly. All you need is to add your method definitions to the generated *ServiceImpl files and run build-wsdl.
The soap files will be auto generated.
Your new service should be available for remote use after you run ant build and ant deploy!

Keep me updated on your progress

Daniel,
So how's it going?

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Sorry, I was the last days on Holydays, and David the services run fine thank for your help.

Best regards.

Hi, David a have a little problem with the service, i had creted then with Maven without doing any additional coding I try to package and deploy what was produced.. Packages then copies to my liferay deploy dir and I see this output in the logs

117:45:44,340 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:177] Processing simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

217:45:44,343 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][PortletAutoDeployListener:77] Copying portlets for /home/chris/git/liferay/bundles/liferay6.1/deploy/simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

317:45:44,345 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:763] Deploying simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

417:45:44,666 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:2083] Modifying Servlet 2.4 /home/chris/git/liferay/bundles/liferay6.1/tomcat-7.0.27/temp/20121118174544375/WEB-INF/web.xml

517:45:44,713 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][PortletAutoDeployListener:87] Portlets for /home/chris/git/liferay/bundles/liferay6.1/deploy/simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.

617:45:54,576 INFO [pool-2-thread-2][HotDeployImpl:178] Deploying simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT from queue

717:45:54,576 INFO [pool-2-thread-2][PluginPackageUtil:1033] Reading plugin package for simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT

817:45:54,577 WARN [pool-2-thread-2][PluginPackageUtil:1131] Plugin package on context simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT cannot be tracked because this WAR does not contain a liferay-plugin-package.xml file

917:53:57,444 INFO [pool-2-thread-3][PluginPackageUtil:1033] Reading plugin package for simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT

1017:53:57,445 WARN [pool-2-thread-3][PluginPackageUtil:1131] Plugin package on context simplePortletTest-1.0-SNAPSHOT cannot be tracked because this WAR does not contain a liferay-plugin-package.xml file

It looks like other articles online that use maven to create portlets don't have the liferay-plugin-package.xml, I DO have the liferay-plugin-package.properties file. Will this be generated when I write actual portlet code (instead of just deploying the auto-generated code)? Or something that's missing from the liferay-portlet-archetype? Is there some example code someone can post of a valid liferay-plugin-package.xml?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Check to ensure you're using the latest maven artifacts (as I understand it there are bugs resolved in the later versions).

We are using the lastest liferay maven archetype liferay-portal-maven-6.1.20-ee-ga2

Thank you

Hi Daniel -
Sorry had been very busy for a while.
This should be easy to resolve.
Please post for us here the maven tasks which you ran (in the order you ran them).

Also please post the platform of everything you are using (Liferay version and maven version).

We'll take it from there.
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 230 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
If you generate service without fields it does not generate DB table.

Example:

<entity name="Helper" local-service="false" remote-service="true" />

This applies both remote and local services.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Daniel Valverde:
I need to develop a service, I know that I can develop a service with service builder, but the service builder you need to define a entity and the service generate this table on the data base and I don need it, I only need a Service where I can publish same functionalities.

To serve up your own data in the remote web service, you could pursue the fake entity approach.

The idea here is to define an entity which is not backed by the database. The fake entities actually are extremely useful both for local and remote usage and take SB one step closer to being a regular service builder instead of just a database service builder...