Foren

Liferay DevCon: Novice dev.

Simon Bruns, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay DevCon: Novice dev.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I have some experience with liferay. But I have a long way to go, before understanding liferay at an expert level. So far, I have set up a portal, created some portlets with JSP and Java using AlloyUI and Vaadin for the UI. I also have some experience with the service builder of liferay. However, I still have problems with certain aspects of liferay.
Therefore, my question is, how useful is the DevCon for novice developers like myself?

Best regards,
Simon.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Liferay DevCon: Novice dev. (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
It can be very useful...

First you must understand that the sessions are usually too short to get into all of the necessary details. Many times as a presenter you're limited to overview material, so it's not a full-on training session. But wrt learning parts of liferay, even those overviews can be valuable.

More importantly, you can network with other folks, even the Liferay folks. Getting to hook up with other people at all different levels will give you alternate paths towards finding other information.

And then there's the vendors area. Here you can find some products, some consultants, and even some ideas about how to do things differently.

I would say it is definitely worth the trip...
Simon Bruns, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Liferay DevCon: Novice dev.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Yeah, that really sounds quite compelling. Thanks for the quick reply, I just had some doubts, if my level of understanding would be enough to tackle the convention. However, I'm quite interested in it that is why I asked.
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Liferay DevCon: Novice dev.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Simon, welcome to the community!

So far, I have set up a portal, created some portlets with JSP and Java using AlloyUI and Vaadin for the UI

You're way ahead of the game - care to hold a session? emoticon

And +1 on what Dave said above!