Foren

Audit trails

Gui Ba, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Audit trails

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 12.08.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hello everybody,
training of Liferay Sync in progress, I am now curious about a precise point : audit trails.

I have already seen that this feature is available for EE version, but I need to know if this feature includes all Liferay Sync events.
For example when a client updates a document from his desktop then sync it, is there any track in the audit trail about this update (or when adding/removing/renaming/... any document) ?

Moreover, are the XHR also listed in ?

Thanks for your availability
Guillaume
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Audit trails

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Audit is just a framework with some sample audits that come in audit-hook.

Mika Koivisto:
Audit is just a framework with some sample audits that come in audit-hook.

Do you mean that each event is "collected" in this audit-hook, then you can create custom portlet to display whatever kind of event you want ?
thumbnail
Bruno Farache, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 603 Beitrittsdatum: 14.05.07 Neueste Beiträge
Guillaume,

The Documents and Media portlet keeps track of all file changes. It creates a file version for each change and you can revert to previous versions.

The Activities portlet lists all recent changes that were made to documents as well, it shows who did the change and its type (add, update, delete).

Bruno Farache:
Guillaume,

The Documents and Media portlet keeps track of all file changes. It creates a file version for each change and you can revert to previous versions.

The Activities portlet lists all recent changes that were made to documents as well, it shows who did the change and its type (add, update, delete).

Thanks Bruno, I have already seen somewhere this "file-version" (if we talk about the same it is used for example to avoid sync. documents which have already been deleted from client's computer), but I was looking for it and never find, could you tell me where exactly are each of those files stored ?

Moreover I didn't know the Activities portlet, very interesting ... but is it possible to configure that portlet more than just number of display (this portlet showing all users' activities as wiki, message board and documents, can I filter just for documents activities) ?

Thanks for your availability

Guillaume
thumbnail

Gui Ba:
Thanks Bruno, I have already seen somewhere this "file-version" (if we talk about the same it is used for example to avoid sync. documents which have already been deleted from client's computer), but I was looking for it and never find, could you tell me where exactly are each of those files stored ?

I meant not on the client side, but on the server side, in the Documents and Media portlet you can see all versions for each file. The Sync client doesn't store all versions locally, only the last.

Gui Ba:
Moreover I didn't know the Activities portlet, very interesting ... but is it possible to configure that portlet more than just number of display (this portlet showing all users' activities as wiki, message board and documents, can I filter just for documents activities) ?

I tried to find a way to filter by content type and didn't find as well. It's not even in portal.properties. I think you would have to customize this portlet to only search for documents activities, which is possible to do.

I saw this configuration in portal.properties:

social.activity.counter.period.length=month

Which means that it only keeps activities that happened in the last month, you probably want to make it higher for auditing purposes.

Thanks Bruno

but I know files are stored on the server side, but I'm looking for the file .deletions which contains all file deleted locally in order to not sync it again ... and impossible to find it, I have already searched in the corresponding folder but nothing. Could you tell me where to find this file ?

Otherwise, about the portlet "Activities" I can't see the deleted documents action. If it's deleted on the client side it is logical I think, but when I delete a document from ther server side, this event is not added to the "Activities" portlet. Only uploaded, renamed and created files are displayed on this portlet, no deleted one. Do you know why ?

Thanks again for your availability

Guillaume
thumbnail

Gui Ba:
Thanks Bruno
but I know files are stored on the server side, but I'm looking for the file .deletions which contains all file deleted locally in order to not sync it again ... and impossible to find it, I have already searched in the corresponding folder but nothing. Could you tell me where to find this file ?

It should be inside the .liferay-sync folder (macbook) but couldn't find as well, it should be a hidden/system file. I'm using 1.1.1 GA1, which was released today, have you tried it yet? Maybe this file doesn't exist anymore, Dennis or Gail can help us on this.

Gui Ba:

Otherwise, about the portlet "Activities" I can't see the deleted documents action. If it's deleted on the client side it is logical I think, but when I delete a document from ther server side, this event is not added to the "Activities" portlet. Only uploaded, renamed and created files are displayed on this portlet, no deleted one. Do you know why ?

That's true with Liferay 6.1, but I just tested on Liferay 6.2 B2 and it does show deleted files in the activities portlet.
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Hello

Bruno - I can't check for the Liferay version 6.2 because this last version is not currently compatible with Liferay Sync which I need ...
So you confirm that for 6.1 version there are no deleted files in activities ... thanks

Gail - I read about .deletions file in this forum, I didn't know it was in a previous version.
You talk about the system method of restoring a file,I was looking for the recycle bin / trash but also impossible to find it ... Is this from LS client or in the server ?

Thanks

Guillaume
Gail Hernandez, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

OK, I don't know it could be so easy
Very good app !

Gail, do you know if Liferay Sync records what kind of terminal is used to sync. I mean when somebody uses LS with an Iphone, there is a track in the audit trail which contains "IOS" or "I-Phone" and when he uses his computer there is "Windows" or "computer" ?