Foren

Rest Service consumption in Jasper Report

mayur sand, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Rest Service consumption in Jasper Report

New Member Beiträge: 13 Beitrittsdatum: 31.05.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I am trying to consume Rest services in Jasper Report . Can any one suggest me some pointers where should i start

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Rest Service consumption in Jasper Report

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Yes, start in the jasper report forum since this is clearly not a Liferay issue.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 978 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
Mayur, look at custom datasources to have more control over result sets that get passed into the jasperreports engine

you would consume the REST service in your portlet, generate the result set accordingly, then pass the result set as a custom datasource to jasperreports

David is right tho, your question likely would get better response in for a jasperreports forum

however producing the report output in pdf, csv in a portlet might end up being for you a seperate new thread/question here in the Liferay forums
thumbnail
Ching Ice-creaming, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 28 Beitrittsdatum: 02.03.13 Neueste Beiträge
Mayur Sand,

You may read, download and try my pet project: http://code.google.com/p/jasperrocks
It is not only a JasperReports Server client portlet consumed by REST API, but also an independent portlet compatible with Liferay's competitors: GateIn, eXo, uPortal, Jetspeed, blah blah blah....

Prior declaration:

If Liferay cannot help you here then I agree with Jack Bakker and David H Nebinger. BUT You should transfer your questions to GateIn or eXo forums. (Let see if other competitors solve your problem in order to show.......)

As Jelmer Kuperus' Stockholm Syndrom comment gave me a hearty Hongkong chuckle (not the Dutch one), I suggest you to start from a generic portlet (not just for Liferay) because This allows customers a broader capability to fight vendor lock in.

Ching
(We should be audiences watching them at NBA fights)
Kashmi Seth, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 09.07.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hey ,

Please give a step by step procedure for the consumption of rest services in jasper reports.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Kashmi Seth:
Please give a step by step procedure for the consumption of rest services in jasper reports.

Here you go:

1. post message to jasper forums.
2. wait for response on jasper forums.
3. apply information from jasper forums.
thumbnail
Ching Ice-creaming, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Rest Service consumption in JasperReports

Junior Member Beiträge: 28 Beitrittsdatum: 02.03.13 Neueste Beiträge
Kashmi Seth,

If you pay EE licenses of (GateIn or eXo or uPortal or Jetspeed) and JasperReports. I am willing to sacrifice my time of stock speculation to write a document you like (and please forgive my poor English).
Although my time is cheap, I wish I have time to support Liferay and you $upport Liferay too....

Otherwise, just like what Juan Gonzalez said https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/17675287
Juan Gonzalez:

Well, I would like to have the best documentation around the world, but many times you have to find parts of the right information from many different places.

So, if you want a good example, look at the source code yourself.

BTW IMHO forums are a place to ask for help, not ask for good support. If you want that, pay an EE license like everyone.