Foren

Restricting File Upload To Document Library

Derrick S, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Restricting File Upload To Document Library

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 21.05.09 Neueste Beiträge
I tried searching and was unable to find what I was looking for.

Basically I use liferay with Active Directory. All domain users are part of my liferay organization.

In the document library I want only SPECIFIC people to have the ability to upload files. It seems somehow I was able to restrict standard users from creating a folder in the document library, but they still seem to have the ability to upload files into existing folder. I can't find a way to prevent ths.

When I go to document library, select actions from the specific document folder and then permisions. I see organization member has full access. When I uncheck everything BUT "view" and save, the permissions reset themselves. Why is this?
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Restricting File Upload To Document Library

Liferay Master Beiträge: 993 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Derrick,

You could customize the portlet Document Library - by overriding the JSP files with permissions.

You could do it either in the EXT or in the Plugin SDK (using JSP hooks).

Good luck!

Jonas Yuan
Derrick S, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 21.05.09 Neueste Beiträge
Jonas, I appreciate your answer however can you elaborate further. I'm clueless about JSP. Everything I've done so far has been through EXT. So can you show me how accomplish this using the EXT file. Also can you confirm that the changes we make will allow only PUBLISHERS and ADMIN to upload files. I don't want Organizaion Members to have ability to upload files UNLESS they have the publisher role. Thank you.

PS: I'm a newbie. I have a nice portal setup now, it's pretty basic. But I'm learning. So talk to me as if I'm clueless. emoticon
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 993 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Derrick,

The Book Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development should be helpful for your requirements - starting, developing in both Ext and Plugins SDK, etc.

More Specially, you can find the JSP files for Document Library portlet, where you can hook them or override them ...

No worries. You will become expert sooner or later.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan