Foren

File Download From Theme

thumbnail
Aston Pearl, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

File Download From Theme

Junior Member Beiträge: 62 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Folks,

I uploaded a doc inside media porltet and i want to download that doc when user clicks on
<a href="#">Download</a>

can anybody help me out.

Thanks !!!
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: File Download From Theme

Liferay Master Beiträge: 722 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.10 Neueste Beiträge
In document media portlet you can see download option. You can use that same download url in theme. To keep it configurable you can use theme settings to provide download url in theme setting. Provide download url as href attribue of anchor.
thumbnail
Aston Pearl, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 62 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
Pankaj Kathiriya:
In document media portlet you can see download option. You can use that same download url in theme. To keep it configurable you can use theme settings to provide download url in theme setting. Provide download url as href attribue of anchor.

Thanks for you reply.

Using that url directly in href would be static one. What if file uuid gets changed? i want to get id based on file name.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
The UUID will not charge. You can edit the document, upload a new version, move to a different folder and the UUID will not charge.

I should point out though that you should use the link provided by clicking the "Get URL" link. Don't use the link you get from the "Download (000k)" link. The "Download d(000k) link will always point to that particular version of the file, which is probably not what you want.