Foren

RE: Default user page layout

Mick John Marcar, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Default user page layout

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 17.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Guys,

Having a play with Liferay and just have a few quick questions

1. For the users personal / private page how do I set the default layout for modules that they will see and hve access to

2. Is there a way to redirect users to their personal / private page when they log into the portal

3. Is there a way to set a portlet to either disply or not depending on their logged in status, for example I would like to have a getting started portlet that explains what the site is about but once logged in it's not necesary to display this anymore.

Cheers,
Mick
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Default user page layout

Liferay Master Beiträge: 621 Beitrittsdatum: 06.05.08 Neueste Beiträge
hi john,

. For the users personal / private page how do I set the default layout for modules that they will see and have access to

check Default User Private Layouts & Default User Public Layouts in portal.properties.

Is there a way to redirect users to their personal / private page when they log into the portal

Yes, you can redirect .

You can create your own custom login class, where it will check the user and redirects to particular user private or public page and add this property to portal-ext.properties.

login.events.post=com.liferay.portal.events.LoginPostAction,tic.Mypgm.CustomLoginPostAction

I would like to have a getting started portlet that explains what the site is about but once logged in it's not necesary to display this anymore.

see this display portlets to only guest
however if you are redirecting to user private page,

You can keep this Getting started on public page, so that after log in they goto private page.

With Regards,
V.Auditya