Foren

Connect vs. Follow

kimberly jones, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Connect vs. Follow

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 05.02.14 Neueste Beiträge
The documentation for connecting to users vs following them is pretty scarce. Can anyone help describe the difference in more detail.
If I am connected to someone what activity of each other's can we see? What else can I do because I am connected to them? If I only follow someone what do I see? Can someone determine they do not want to be followed?

Also, is it possible in the back end to disable one or the other if we choose to only allow connections or following?
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Connect vs. Follow

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 18.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Kimberley,

Connection provide a two-way relationship, where two connected people will see each others activities feed. Following a user will allow you to see their activities feed in your own without having to ask them to accept the connection and force the others to receive your information in their feed. An example might be following your CEO at your company (you want to know what content he is publishing, without him being inundated with everyone else's activities and connection requests.

You can chose to block an individual from the contacts center by clicking on the block button. They will no longer have the option to connect or follow you.

Additionally, the "connection" can be leveraged in the configuration of other portlets. For example, tasks portlet may only allow the assignment of tasks to other connections, chat portlet can be configured to only show connections etc.

Regards, Vicki