Foren

Organization Admins cannot see/edit users

Bartek Stańćzyk, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Organization Admins cannot see/edit users

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 21.03.14 Neueste Beiträge
In 6.1 we just assign Organization Administrator, in 6.2 I've done the following:

Create a User Group, say "Control Panel Viewer"

Create a Regular Role "Control Panel Access"

Define permissions
select "Go to Control Panel" under General Permissions
Edit | Assign Members | User Groups
associate with user group "Control Panel Viewer"

Edit user (my Organization Administrator)

Edit | User Groups, add "Control Panel Viewer"
now user (looking at Roles) inherits role "Control Panel Access"

All future Organization Administrators need to be members of "Control Panel Viewer" user group too. But it has limitations. In my opinion one organization's administrator can't create others because he can only add organization's roles but not regular roles. In fact organization's administrator role can be added but without additional regular Role "Control Panel Access" this user account is useless. Whether it planned behavior or is there any other solution of this issue.

Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Organization Admins cannot see/edit users

Expert Beiträge: 310 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Bartek,

let me rephrase your question just to make sure I understand it right. Basically is comes down to the following issues:
- both "Organization Owner" and "Organization Admin" roles do NOT grant access to Control Panel out of the box
- in order to have access to Control Panel the "Organization Owner" should have a regular (not scoped to the organization) role that grants him such access.
- "Organization Owner" can make someone "Organization Admin" for the organization (or any sub-organization) but this is useless unless he can also grant the a regular role that gives permissions to access control panel (which is not possible OOTemoticon

Do I understand your concerns correctly?
Bartek Stanczyk, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Exactly, That is my question.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 310 Beitrittsdatum: 30.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
OK, so the easiest workaround is to allow all users to access Control Panel (add permission to Users or PowerUsers role). This will effectively bring back the functionality as it was in 6.1. Alternatively you could create a regular role (I'll use your "Control Panel Viewer" as example) where you
- give access to Control Panel
- give access to view Roles
- allow to assign members to "Control Panel Viewer" role

Then apart from making someone "Site Owner" you also need to assign the "Control Panel Viewer" role. This way site owners will be able to create subsite owners with rights to create subsite owners, ....
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
I reported this issue in JIRA back in August - https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-38670. Try to vote for it, maybe they will add this feature in the next release.

Regards,
KG
Bartek Stanczyk, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Thank You for help.

Regards,
Bartek Stanczyk
Kim Zeevaarders, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 82 Beitrittsdatum: 07.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

I tried the suggested work-around solution but, unforntunatly it didn't work...

I am using Liferay 6.2 CE GA2.

Even with the following permissions through a custom Regular role (view screenshot), organization owners are not able to assign users to their organization.

It all works fine till the actual save, then its the dreaded "You do not have the required permissions." error.

The user can access the control panel, even view and select users but receives the error on save!

Could someone please tell me which permission I could be missing ?

Or does maybe somebody know if the output of the permissionschecker can be logged? Then I could see the missing permission in the logging?

Hope you guys can help,

Kim Zeevaarders
The Netherlands