Foren

Forcing a new user to Rest his/her password

thumbnail
Nitesh Sahay, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Forcing a new user to Rest his/her password

Junior Member Beiträge: 58 Beitrittsdatum: 28.11.11 Neueste Beiträge
I am using liferay 6.1.1.GA2 .I want to force a new user to change his/her password and then go for anything else.
Liferay force user to change password on the very first login.But if the user logout without changing his/her password and then again login then liferay would not force to change the user password.
As per my requirement i want to force the new user to rest his/her password until he/she does it once. I am authenticating through Ldap.
thumbnail
ritresh girdhar, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Forcing a new user to Rest his/her password

Junior Member Beiträge: 67 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi
You can update new users in portal by running script user.setPasswordReset(true); and update user.
Portal will force user to update password before doing anything else. Hope it works.
thumbnail
Nitesh Sahay, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Forcing a new user to Rest his/her password

Junior Member Beiträge: 58 Beitrittsdatum: 28.11.11 Neueste Beiträge
ritresh girdhar:
Hi
You can update new users in portal by running script user.setPasswordReset(true); and update user.
Portal will force user to update password before doing anything else. Hope it works.

Thanks for the reply ,This code is known to me but the problem is. How can i understand the new user has reset his password? Only after knowing the password rest status i can force him to reset the password .