Foren

generate struts with portlet plugin

thumbnail
taizeq tai, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

generate struts with portlet plugin

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
hii team,
i am new in liferay or java j2ee..but i still want to learn that and not giveup..
can anyone master here, take me as student.I treasure its. i want know how to develop simple struts portlet with have function add,delete and update using portlet plugin. i already use portlet plugin for develop simple view portlet but for portlet having function, i have problem.

thank u
thumbnail
Vidya Sagar Padigela, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: generate struts with portlet plugin

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 20.05.08 Neueste Beiträge
You can develop the new portlet using Liferay plugin SDK environment so first you have to download the Plugins SDK environment and know how to develop and deploy the portlet in plugin environment.

Next you can develop the portlet with the functionalites add, update and delete by downloading any sample portlet from the community plugins.

To know more about Liferay development plugins please go through this post

To know more about portlet that has functionalities with add, update and delete functionalities please download the sample services builder portlet and deploy it in using plugin environment in your local environment.

Please download the portlet from the below URL
Sample Services Builder Portlet

Hope it should help.

Thanks,
Vidya Padigela
thumbnail

Thank you Vidya Sagar,
i already install Liferay plugin SDK environment and create the basic portlet which can view only.
i also try to develop one struts portlet follow what i found in internet. But not sucess. to many file i must modified like struts.xml and portlet.xml. In fact, i don't know what first step i have start.

l already download sample services builder portlet, but how to used it..

can sir vidya me same example how to do it..simple struts portlet. I treasure u advise.

thank u.
thumbnail
Vidya Sagar Padigela, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 20.05.08 Neueste Beiträge
If you want to test the sample services builder portlet place the downloaded war file in auto deploy directory of your specific server that you are using to run the liferay instance.

For example if you are running the liferay instance on tomcat you can find "/deploy" folder in the root of the tomcat server where you installed. Put the downloaded war in deploy folder and login as an admin and you can find the portlet in samples category. Add the portlet and you can test the functionality of that portlet.

There is no specific article or post on how to develop the struts portlet in plugin environment but you have so many sample struts portlet plugin are availabe you can download , test and view the code in your local environment. Based on the code you can get an idea of how to develop the struts portlet.

Please download this to test the struts portlet. Sample Struts Portlet

Thanks,
Vidya Padigela
thumbnail

In one week, i try and error develop portlet use plugin SDK. But still not understand very well. First, i create file service.xml in web.inf and it success. Table is create in database and library also auto create in folder class. After that, i loss, don't know what to do. how to create function in fail .java. Can sir Vidya Sagar give advice for me what and how to continue it.