Foren

Incorrect Checkout Time/ Social Office, Liferay Sync issue

Oliver Scholey, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Incorrect Checkout Time/ Social Office, Liferay Sync issue

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

I am trying to use Social Office Documents checkout/checkin in tandem with Liferay Sync, however the following issue occurs:

Whenever I checkout a document it defaults to an incorrect time (different to the global user timezone I have configured and out by 9.30 hours). My system is configured to be Australia/Adelaide (confirmed in global configuration settings).

This seems to be causing havoc with Liferay Sync which displays erratic behaviour and is unable to upload documents, instead it creates a copy of the document and uploads that every time I checkout.

I have an install of Liferay Portal 6.2 using Social Office version 2 (as indicated in the liferay-plugin-package.properties file)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Incorrect Checkout Time/Liferay Sync issues

Regular Member Beiträge: 228 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Oliver,

I'm having trouble reproducing this behavior.

When you say "it defaults to an incorrect time", are you referring to the modified timestamp on the file system?

Can you describe your configuration in detail? Where/how is your portal time zone set? Do you experience the same behavior with SO sites as well as non-SO sites?

Also, please zip up and send send me the logs found under C:\Users\youruser\.liferay-sync\logs (Windows) or ~/.liferay-sync/logs (Mac). You can email dennis.ju@liferay.com.

Hi Dennis

I have attached a screenshot to illustrate.

When I click 'Checkout' the 'Last Updated by' date is not the same as the site locale (see second screenshot). The time indicated is 12.14, however the system time or Adelaide time is 9.44

My portal-ext.properties contains the following locale/timezone info:

locales=en_AU
time.zones=\Australia/Adelaide

I think that this is affecting Liferay sync as an upload error occurs once the file is updated (via the liferay sync folder) and then checked in via the website (I noticed a checksum issue in the logs). I could be wrong and the sync upload issue could be completely unrelated.

I have attached my liferay sync log too.

I have also noticed that a lock can be cancelled by any of the Site administrators (irrespective of who locked the file via checkout/checkin)

I don't have any non-SO sites but will try and see if the issue occurs on a non-SO site.

Thanks for your help

I have found a temporary solution to the timezone issue:

It seems that Australia/Adelaide is not recognised by 'Social Office' even though Liferay Portal recognises it. My temporary fix was to select one of the default timezone location provided that had the same timezone ie. Australia/Darwin (this timezone worked). Perhaps there is a flaw in Social Office which only accepts a timezone if it is included in the list provided by Liferay Portal?

The checkin/checkout issue turned out to be my misunderstanding of the role of and administrator and the permission to reverse a checkout. I set up a new user called editor and did not assign the permission to reverse a checkout. This worked.

I still however have one further issue with Liferay Sync - the process works fine for files that are edited within the folder, however any file that is say taken home to edit and then dropped into the liferay folder is not synced to other site members. The file is however uploaded as a new version - it is just not synced to other Liferay Sync users. My workaround for now is to manually upload files via the web page for edits that were done outside of the sync folder.