Foren

Spring Portlet V/s MVC Portlet

Jagir Vimalbhai Buch, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Spring Portlet V/s MVC Portlet

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 28.03.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

There are few questions in my mind

1) Which is better Spring Portlet or MVC Portlet in Liferay?
2) Why should we use Spring Portlet as Liferay provides MVC Portlet?
3) How to use Service Builder with Spring MVC Portlet
Jagir Buch, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Spring Portlet V/s MVC Portlet

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 28.03.14 Neueste Beiträge
These many views..but no reply from anyone...
No one knows the answer... emoticon
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 18.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jagir,

Have you tried posting this question in the Liferay Portal forums here? You might have better luck there, since his category is for Social Office specifically, whereas I think your question is related more to the portal in general.

Best regards,

Vicki
thumbnail
Meera Prince, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1111 Beitrittsdatum: 08.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi
Please have a look into following link it may help you..

http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2014/04/liferay-plugin-portlet-development.html

Regards,
Meera Prince
http://www.liferaysavvy.com
Nilang I Patel, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 31 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
You may refer my blog on Spring MVC vs Liferay MVC portlet in liferay to understand the core differences and similarities between these framework which help you to decide which one to choose.

Regards
Nilang
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 735 Beitrittsdatum: 05.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
To add some information here in:
Service Builder is completely independent from any WebController framework. As it should be. Services are (or should) always be completely decoupled from the display logic (UI). That's the whole reason behind a multi tier architecture.
Which one is better:
The one you know better and feel comfortable with. The one which gives you more speed in development. ;)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14917 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Jan Geißler:
Service Builder is completely independent from any WebController framework.

True, but the framework can sometimes interfere w/ the SB portlet.

I tend to create a SB portlet but leave the portlet side alone - just move it to the "hidden" category and otherwise leave the generated view.jsp alone.

Any real portlets will use the service jar and therefore will not "corrupt" the SB portlet's class loader with framework jars.

This separation is not a requirement, you can put them in a single project but take care that everything you pull in and monitor the effects in the class loader.

Which one is better: The one you know better and feel comfortable with. The one which gives you more speed in development. ;)

This is the position that I push most often - use the tools you know. A development project can be a hard time to learn a new framework as you'll always be wondering at each failure whether it is your code or the framework.

Sometimes, however, Liferay MVC can be thrown on you, namely if you have a requirement to use the Configuration panel - this is only supported by Liferay MVC and not by Spring MVC. Spring MVC you can use the general EDIT mode to display settings, but you won't get the expected integration w/ Liferay's Configuration panel.