Foren

Move Portlets

Lucas Monteiro Braz, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Move Portlets

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 24.01.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I would like to move my portlet to specifics column and row using some xml or java code.

Thanks for anyone who could help.
joaquin fernandez, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

RE: Move Portlets

Junior Member Beiträge: 36 Beitrittsdatum: 25.10.07 Neueste Beiträge
is the user allow to change the configuration of the page??
thumbnail
Jerry Niu, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 451 Beitrittsdatum: 21.06.06 Neueste Beiträge
Layout Template control and "columns" that a portlet would belong to.

I would like to use, for sample, a xml to say to liferay where the portlet will be added, but the user could move to where he want

ya can create your own theme and in your theme you could not include the layout option and configure it with a xml file

joaquin fernandez:
ya can create your own theme and in your theme you could not include the layout option and configure it with a xml file

its a good idea. but how i not include the layout ? and the xml, a should create a new xml or it just exists ?

I thing that i did what you said, i puted $theme.runtime("56_INSTANCE_acmp") in my file *.vm
and the portlets appear where i want.

But this is not exactly what i want. Is there a file that say to liferay in runtime where the portlets are ? i file that say to liferay that portlet1 is on column-1 and portlet2 is on column-2 ??

because what i want to do is make the portlets move automatically on the page. make a code that move the portlet from the column-1 to column-2 based on the user's preference.

thanks

what version are you using??in mine (4.2.1) it's on the portal.properties file with a property called "layout.default.template.id" which gives you an identifier. looking your this identifier on your proyect you can locate where you can configure your layout.

And if you don't want that any user can change this default configuration you can do that:

create your own 'classic' folder -> you can create a folder with the same structure that the "classic" folder in liferay (portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic in 4.2.1)

or you can change the top.jsp file in portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic/templates/top.jsp in 4.2.1 in order to hide the layout bottom

joaquin fernandez:
what version are you using??in mine (4.2.1) it's on the portal.properties file with a property called "layout.default.template.id" which gives you an identifier. looking your this identifier on your proyect you can locate where you can configure your layout.

And if you don't want that any user can change this default configuration you can do that:

create your own 'classic' folder -> you can create a folder with the same structure that the "classic" folder in liferay (portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic in 4.2.1)

or you can change the top.jsp file in portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic/templates/top.jsp in 4.2.1 in order to hide the layout bottom

i am using 4.3.
i want the page "home" from "user1" with "portletX" on column-1 and "portletY" on column-2 but the page "home" from "user2" with "portletW" on column-1 and "portletK" on column-2

can i do it ?

Hi,

I think you can do it, but it is not easy, and i don't know how, because you should define a diferent Layout for each user.

If you want to do this, not for each user, but for group of users, you should define communities an use them. I suppose "user1" cannot close "portletX" and/or "portletY" and "user2" cannot close "portletW" and/or "portletK"

joaquin fernandez:
Hi,

I think you can do it, but it is not easy, and i don't know how, because you should define a diferent Layout for each user.

If you want to do this, not for each user, but for group of users, you should define communities an use them. I suppose "user1" cannot close "portletX" and/or "portletY" and "user2" cannot close "portletW" and/or "portletK"

Could you explain how do this for communities ?

thanks

Hi,

in each community you can configure your diferent pages, so for communityA you can use the portletX, and configure it in order to endusers cannot close, and in communityB, you could do the same with portletY

Jerry Niu:
Layout Template control and "columns" that a portlet would belong to.

i didn't see how i can move the portlets with layout. could you say what you thing about this ?

thanks