Foren

export/import of liferay6.0.6 lar file to liferay 6.2

thumbnail
Raju oukanti, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

export/import of liferay6.0.6 lar file to liferay 6.2

Regular Member Beiträge: 143 Beitrittsdatum: 21.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I created a article in liferay 6.0.6 and convert into lar file.I am importing this lar file into liferay 6.2 version .I got error as 'Lar file build number 6000 is as same as 6201 portal; build number'.I just search the forums for this eeror.Some body suggested to me that change the build number in the manifest.xml file of the exported lar file.I did the same and again i imported the updated lar file.Still i am getting error.Please help me how can i do it .

Thanks.
Raju
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: export/import of liferay6.0.6 lar file to liferay 6.2

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
LAR files are not designed to work across different versions of Liferay. If you exported a LAR from 6.0, you can only import that LAR file into 6.0. If you want to import a LAR into 6.2, you'll need to export the LAR file from 6.2. So what you're trying to do can't be done. Sorry.
thumbnail

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your suggestion.You saved my valuable time.

Thanks,
Raju
thumbnail

Hi Samuel,

I did set up of liferay6.0.6 version and i created the image slider article by using structures,templates and articles.Now i taken the DB backup of the liferay 6.0.6 version.Now i did set up of liiferay 6.2 version with backup database(DB backup of the liferay 6.0.6) and upgarded the liferay 6.0.6 version to liferay 6.2.Now i am able to see the image slider article in the respective page in liferay6.2 .Now i am not able to see the images and when i edit the article the article is not updating.Please help me how can i do it.

Thanks,
Raju
Ryan Murphy, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 09.09.14 Neueste Beiträge
I am having an identical problem here. We are updating from 6.0 to 6.2 and i'm trying to preserve some data structures.

It is hardly satisfactory to simply say "Sorry" the .LAR files "are not designed to work across different versions of Liferay."
Surely it is reasonable for end users to ask for a fix!

Why is it not possible to simply alter the version number in the manifest.xml and proceed with an import?

At the very least: cannot Liferay provide a script that can modify .LAR files and preserve their contents for migration to a new version?

This should not be difficult.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14915 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
To update liferay you just have to point 6.2 at the 6.0.6 database & data directory (mostly, other steps involved for image gallery and permissions, but that's off topic).

6.2 will update everything, including structures.

LAR exports have specific purposes, but version migration was not supposed to be one of them. The issue is not the manifest version in the lar, the problem is that the tables, entities, etc. are different between the versions. That's a lot of things for future versions to be aware of in order to handle on the fly conversions of older LAR files...
thumbnail
Jeffrey Paul Handa, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Ryan,

LARS are not designed to be an upgrade strategy, they are designed to migrate content from one place to another and they rely on each participating portlet's data handler implementation. Because there can be significant changes between Liferay versions the data handler logic in each portlet would quickly get out of control if it had to handle upgrading any of Liferay's previous versions into the latest version.

If you are upgrading from 6.0 to 6.2 you should be using Liferay's upgrade process which is designed to upgrade the Liferay database, including structures and templates.
Ryan Murphy, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 09.09.14 Neueste Beiträge
Ok. Thanks. Perhaps i misunderstand the purpose of the .LAR files. Nevertheless, we are migrating our data manually for various reasons, and it does seem to me that it should be unnecessary to actually recreate tables at the data-entry level as opposed to migrating data objects.

How — if not by importing a .LAR file — can i migrate specific structures / units of data from 6.0 to 6.2?

Specifically, i need to preserve the data structures so that they can continue to be modified by users (therefore simply copying the relevant sections of the page source HTML is not an acceptable workaround because that breaks the structure (result is formatted text, rather than discrete data elements ).

I would appreciate suggestions (i'm convinced this data can be migrated without complete granularization of the table fields).

Thank you.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14915 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Although overkill, I would clone the existing 6.0 environ (db and data dir), then upgrade to 6.2 following standard process.

Then you can selectively migrate from the upgraded 6.2 clone to a clean 6.2 instance for manual migration using LAR files at the same version.
thumbnail

Hi ,

I created the image slider using structure ,template and article in liferay 6.0.6 and upgrade the liferay version to liferay 6.2 (using db and data folder of liferay6.0.6).I am able to see the image slider in liferay 6.2 but when i am editing the existing image slider with the existing images then the images are lost in the image slider.Again when i browse the images from local pc and publish the article then iam able to see the image slider again.Please help me how to hold the images when i edit the article for the first time.Please help me ASAP.

Thanks,
Raju