Foren

Vaadin portlet and search

Sebastian Wikholm, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Vaadin portlet and search

Regular Member Beiträge: 104 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
Im trying to make an vaadin portlet which imports data from AD using scheduling, saves the data using service builder and makes the data searchable by extending baseindexer. All of this ive done, ive use "Luke - Lucene index toolbox" to see that the data was indexed in lucene.

What im having trouble with is to configure the search portlet to use the data saved in lucene, ive tried to find info about this, it is only mentioned but never explained in detail. im also wondering if the portlet being a vaadin portlet might cause som problems, i believe doGetSummary wants a non existant jsp page?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Vaadin portlet and search

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hmm, this is something that I haven't tried, Sebastian.

I wouldn't think there would be a vaadin issue here, as search portlet doesn't have any clue about who did the indexing, it's just accessing the index.

Whatever the solution, I'm sure it's going to fall on something for search.

Could be as simple as adding the JSP page that search is looking for?

Please let us know what you come up with, I'd be interested in hearing the outcome...
Sebastian Wikholm, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 104 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
David H Nebinger:
Hmm, this is something that I haven't tried, Sebastian.

I wouldn't think there would be a vaadin issue here, as search portlet doesn't have any clue about who did the indexing, it's just accessing the index.

Whatever the solution, I'm sure it's going to fall on something for search.

Could be as simple as adding the JSP page that search is looking for?

Please let us know what you come up with, I'd be interested in hearing the outcome...

Ok i made a mistake when saving companyid and groupid for the service and the search didnt find it, once that was corrected the index content was found and it displays the result but incorrectly. I think that the portletURL in doGetSummary is somehow responsible for creating the error:

06:10:53,004 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-6][IncludeTag:129] Current URL /web/guest/xxxx?alotofstuff generates exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

then again i dont know emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
You should be able to use the stack trace from the NPE to find what the code was expecting to be populated, then populate it.

Liferay doesn't do a great job at validating parameters (maybe on purpose, not sure) and the NPE is a sign a parameter was not provided. Unfortunately only the source will tell you...