Foren

Problem with Custom Portlet

crovers crovers, geändert vor 19 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 10.12.04 Neueste Beiträge
I&#39;m writing a &#39;FindPeople&#39; portlet (just as it sounds - a directory lookup to our corporate directory). All is working well and it runs and works nicely... except I&#39;m having some irritating problems with the last few polishes.<br /><br />Now that I&#39;ve got it working, I want to limit how much data it&#39;ll send, but only if it is in &#39;normal&#39; window state. I&#39;m doing all the work in my JSP - I&#39;m using a form bean for the search data, but that&#39;s all.<br /><br />So, in my JSP I have : <br /><br />

&lt;%        
          WindowState wst = renderRequest.getWindowState();
          out.println(wst.toString());
  %&gt;
<br /><br />Which should just print the window state to the screen. I try this, it works - ONCE. I hit maximize on the portlet, to see what will happen there and instead of my portlet I get &#39;findpeople is temporarily unavailable&#39;<br /><br />Hum. Ok, I&#39;ve had that before - code problems, whatever. I go look in the catalina.out for the stack trace. This is what I get : <br /><br />

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:696)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:585)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
        at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.include(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:210)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doInclude(PortletRequestProcessor.java:326)
<br />etc<br />

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
javax.portlet.PortletException
        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.include(StrutsPortlet.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doView(StrutsPortlet.java:100)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:235)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:163)
        at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet.render(CachePortlet.java:153)
        at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.layout_jsp._jspService(layout_jsp.java:1270)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
<br />etc<br /><br />So, uh, I guess for some reason my portlet (or whatever is calling it) is throwing an exception. But I don&#39;t see any reason why it should or what is different from 30 seconds ago when it worked.<br /><br />What&#39;s weird is that if I remove the offending line and redeploy, the portlet STILL doesn&#39;t work. I fool around awhile and eventually the code starts working again, nice and solid... until I try to go with the WindowState again.<br /><br />Am I on crack? What should I be looking for?<br /><br />-cdr
crovers crovers, geändert vor 19 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 10.12.04 Neueste Beiträge
*embarrassed shuffle* I had a null pointer error in my code that only showed up in certain situations. Sigh. Never mind.<br /><br />-cdr