Foren

Liferay portlet from SVN not deploying

thumbnail
Clay Banks, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay portlet from SVN not deploying

Regular Member Beiträge: 141 Beitrittsdatum: 11.12.13 Neueste Beiträge
I'm checking out a Liferay portlet from SVN created by another developer into my Liferay 6.2 plugins SDK. This portlet is located at C:\Users\me\Liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets

I then import the project at the root from the Liferay Plugins SDK into my Eclipse workspace

When I try to add the project to the Liferay server it never works correctly, most times my server gets restarted with a bunch of errors. There are various applications created by others I've imported into the workspace but none of them deploy correctly on my machine, and work correctly on theirs. The only thing that has deployed successfully was the theme I've created myself and pulled from SVN.

Specs:

Eclipse Luna
Liferay 6.2 EE bundled with Tomcat 7
Liferay plugins SDK 6.2
jdk-1.7

We've all been using Liferay 6.2 to develop our applications; What are some potential issues that could be causing the deploy to fail?
thumbnail
Jeffrey Paul Handa, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Liferay portlet from SVN not deploying

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Clay,

Are you doing all the SDK commands from the command line, as opposed to using Eclipse? Sometimes Eclipse makes it hard to see the root cause of any errors. If you could post any errors you are seeing from the command line it would be helpful. Also, after you check the project out from SVN you may need to rebuild services before deploying.
thumbnail

Thanks Jeff, I'll try command line next.

For one particular portlet, I see relevant logs while deploying however the portlet never "registers" and all I see is DEBUG Info and this:

Sep 23, 2014 6:35:17 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading Context with name [/mycustom-portlet] is completed

It sits there and does nothing else. My other imported projects don't even make it this far before crashing the server
thumbnail

Deploying via command line achieved the exact same effect - Even building a war and deploying never gets registered completely
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2416 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Clay,

Can you either share your project or provide the stack trace of errors that you are seeing? Which operating system are you on? (I've sometimes seen issues with deployments in *NIX environments that are related to file/directory permissions).
thumbnail

Hey Andrew, the thing is that the projects don't always return errors. I will see normal logs all the way up to SLF4J and then nothing. The portlets just never register. I'm running Windows 7 and this issue seems isolated on my machine
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2416 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hmmm -- have you tried bumping the logging levels for the DeploymentListeners? Just in case you haven't do this before --

1. Go to the control panel for the main instance
2. Go to server administration
3. Log levels
4. Search for "Deploy"
5. Bump all the levels to ALL
6. Try to reproduce the error.

Note: These ALL settings are not retained across server restarts. If you want to do that, then you need to add a configuration file (portal-log4j-ext.xml) with the appender and category configurations to the TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/ folder.

... lemme know if anything else turns up in the log.
thumbnail
Jeffrey Paul Handa, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Clay,

Do you have any problems deploying new portlet plugins created on your local machine?
thumbnail

I just noticed I need a proxy to do this: I'm having all kinds of network issues popup since I upgraded to Eclipse Luna. With Kepler I could create a plugin project without a problem
thumbnail

Can't seem to create any kind of plugins now