Foren

Deploy war file in Liferay 6.2CE + Tomcat bundle

Loukas Kipenis, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Deploy war file in Liferay 6.2CE + Tomcat bundle

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 08.08.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hello all!
I 've installed Liferay bundle (Liferay 6.2 CE on Tomcat) on a server (operation system Debian 7.5). I m trying to deploy a war file there - I went to Liferay Control Panel -> Apps -> App Manager -> File Upload, I selected my .war file, pressed Install and then appeared the message "The plugin was uploaded successfully and is now being installed". The problem is that I cannot see my app anywhere, in the App Manager or anywhere else. Am I doing sth wrong? I ll be glad for any instructions on this. Thank you
thumbnail
Jeffrey Paul Handa, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Deploy war file in Liferay 6.2CE + Tomcat bundle

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Loukas,

During the deployment, do you see any messages in the log? What type of .war file are you trying to deploy (portlet, theme, hook, etc.)?
Loukas Kipenis, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 08.08.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Jeffrey! Thanks for your prompt reply!
I checked catalina.out file in tomcat folder and I realized that it 's probably a Liferay version incompatibility problem. The .war file is a portlet developed in Liferay 6.1 CE.

09:06:34,679 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:204] Processing CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war
09:06:34,681 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][PortletAutoDeployListener:79] Copying portlets for /home/asg/Downloads/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2/deploy/CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war
09:06:34,707 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:859] Deploying CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war
09:06:34,707 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:220] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:212)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThreadSafeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThreadSafeAutoDeployer.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:88)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.deploy(AutoDeployDir.java:50)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:211)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:275)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:58)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:898)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:209)
... 6 more
09:06:34,708 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:224] Add CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war to the blacklist
thumbnail
Jeffrey Paul Handa, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Loukas,

Is the CollaborationPortlet-portlet.war something that you developed? It might be as simple as changing the liferay-versions property in the liferay-plugin-package.properties file. If you're using Liferay Service Builder you'll want to rebuild services against the 6.2 SDK before redeploying.
thumbnail
Malhar Shah, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 41 Beitrittsdatum: 17.08.14 Neueste Beiträge
For the collaboration portlet, please see this portlet can be supported by which liferay versions. You will get the supported versions in liferay-plugin-package.properties file.
If you are not installing this portlet on mentioned liferay versions than you need to ask developer to build this portlet on your liferay version with compatible sdk.