Foren

Can't deactivate CAS Login

Klaus Bachmaier, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Can't deactivate CAS Login

Regular Member Beiträge: 223 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
I've set up a Liferay portal server (6.1 EE GA3) to use a CAS Server for Authentification. Unfortunately now there is a problem with the CAS Server, and users can't authenticate at the portal any more. So I have to switch back to normal Liferay Authentification for a while. Therefore I've removed CASAutoLogin from the auto.logoin.hooks in portal-ext.properties and also added the line cas.auth.enabled=false to that file. But that doesn't have any effect. LIferay still tries to contact the CAS server on login. Any ideas, on how I may deactivate CAS login without being able to access the control panel?
thumbnail
Tina Agrawal, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Can't deactivate CAS Login

Expert Beiträge: 297 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.08 Neueste Beiträge
Did you restart the server after making the changes. If yes and it still doesnt work you might have to modify the DB and try it. I think this information would be stored in the portalpreferences table.

Tina
Klaus Bachmaier, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 223 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for your Reply Tina!

Yes, of course did I restart the server after making changes in portal-ext.properties. Meanwhile I deleted the respective configuration record from the portalpreferences table in the database. Unfortunately that costs me a lot of other configuration settings, like Mail Templates, which where stored in the same record. Now I can login to the portal again, and activation or deactivation of CAS Authentication in the portal-ext.properties works as expected.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 549 Beitrittsdatum: 25.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Settings from portalpreferences are more important than that from portal-ext.properties. But you don't need to remove the whole record. Just copy the XML to preferred text editor, find where the property cas.auth.enabled is defined, change the value to false and paste it back to database.

Regards,
KG