Foren

Migrating from basic Liferay authentication to Siteminder based SSO

thumbnail
Sean McClelland, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Migrating from basic Liferay authentication to Siteminder based SSO

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 13.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have a Liferay server running with about 80 users. I am currently using the basic liferay authentication with a MySQL server backend. There is a Siteminder based Single Sign On service available to me that I would like to start using instead and I was wondering if there is any documentation on how to migrate users from basic Liferay accounts to accounts linked to Siteminder/LDAP. I expect that for current users of our Liferay server, the information available from LDAP/Siteminder will be exactly the same as what they already entered in Liferay manually. Fields such as Screen Name, Email Address, First Name, and Last Name will ideally be exactly the same. (And if they aren't I can manually go through and make sure they are the same if need be.)

So I am kind of hoping that when a user who already has an account in Liferay tries to sign in using the Siteminder based SSO it would automatically link up with their old account. Is this too idealistic of me?

I tried searching through all the documentation available on Liferay.com but I couldn't find anything to match this kind of migration situation. Is there any documentation you could point me to?

Thanks for the help,

-Sean