Foren

sdk setup, LR6.2, vaadin7, java8?

Jan Agermose, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

sdk setup, LR6.2, vaadin7, java8?

Junior Member Beiträge: 64 Beitrittsdatum: 09.04.10 Neueste Beiträge
hi

im trying to get going with this combination - Im using java 8 (on windows), intellij, vaadin 7 when time comes - and so commandline for compiling and deploying. Liferay is up and running with vaadin7. After fixing some references "create.bat" is working and intelliJ is setup. When I compile/deploy I call "ant deply" on the commandline.

two things 1) I would like to not have vaadin.jar in every portlet I create and deply and the files are already in webapp/ROOT/.../lib so that should be possible - just the ant compile part needs to know of the jars. Why are they not included standard?

2) in any case I get problems that seams to relate to me running java 8 - is this not possible? See below

C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\conviator-sms-portlet>ant deploy
Buildfile: C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\conviator-sms-portlet\bui
ld.xml

deploy:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portle
ts\conviator-sms-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\classes
[javac] Annotation processing got disabled, since it requires a 1.6 complian
t JVM
[javac] ----------
[javac] 1. ERROR in C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\conviator-sm
s-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\src\com\conviator\ui\SMSSenderUI.java (at line 1)
[javac] package com.conviator.ui;
[javac] ^
[javac] The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly re
ferenced from required .class files
[javac] ----------
[javac] 2. ERROR in C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\conviator-sm
s-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\src\com\conviator\ui\SMSSenderUI.java (at line 1)
[javac] package com.conviator.ui;
[javac] ^
[javac] The type java.util.function.Consumer cannot be resolved. It is indir
ectly referenced from required .class files
[javac] ----------
[javac] 2 problems (2 errors)

BUILD FAILED
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common-plugin.xml:482: The following er
ror occurred while executing this line:
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:994: The following error occ
urred while executing this line:
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:300: The following error occ
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:1763: The following error oc
curred while executing this line:
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:220: The following error occ
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:466: The following error occ
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:748: The following error occ
C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\build-common.xml:635: Compile failed; see the
compiler error output for details.

Total time: 6 seconds

C:\liferay\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\conviator-sms-portlet>
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: sdk setup, LR6.2, vaadin7, java8?

Liferay Master Beiträge: 978 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
I don't see Java 8 as officially supported by Liferay 6.2, so use Java 7.

Also, if you are using Vaadin 7, you will need to upgrade the Vaadin from the v6.* that which comes with Liferay v6.2. To upgrade Vaadin in Liferay, just use one of the two very good Vaadin Control Panels that are available in the marketplace.

And if you are setting up a new environment, why not use Maven instead of the SDK with Ant ? Maven use in IntelliJ is very straight forward tho command line works well too. There are even some intro Vaadin 7 portlet maven archetypes available that you might start with and/or be interested in looking at.
Jan Agermose, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: sdk setup, LR6.2, vaadin7, java8?

Junior Member Beiträge: 64 Beitrittsdatum: 09.04.10 Neueste Beiträge
hi

thanks, I uninstalled java 8 and installed 7 and its working again, so Im good to go.