Foren

Leaking jboss-el implementation used for faces portlet examples

jjiiu ', geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Leaking jboss-el implementation used for faces portlet examples

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 20.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
It's ridiculous that the demo portlets include leaking jboss-el https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBSEAM-3932. My reason for complaining is that OK so you are introducing a new framework to the portal env. Hey we have nice samples lets use it as a template and then some starts. Srsly. Even if this were a non issue it's still annoying!! emoticon

After redeployment tomcat 6 complains about thread-46 not being stopped by webapp:

Thread dump at 3:49.082.580

* Thread group "main":

Thread "Thread-46":
at java.lang.Object.wait(long)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(long)
at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove()
at org.jboss.el.util.ReferenceCache$ReferenceQueueRunner.run()
at java.lang.Thread.run()
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Leaking jboss-el implementation used for faces portlet examples

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi jjiiu,

it's curious, I don't remember falling into that issue before (probably it is only a Tomcat 6 issue). Additionally, the issue you said is "supposed" to affect only 2.1.1, and Liferay Faces uses Jboss EL 2.0.0.

Anyway, we are in the process for updating to Unified EL. See https://issues.liferay.com/browse/FACES-1892 for more info.
jjiiu ', geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 20.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
Juan Gonzalez:
Hi jjiiu,

it's curious, I don't remember falling into that issue before (probably it is only a Tomcat 6 issue). Additionally, the issue you said is "supposed" to affect only 2.1.1, and Liferay Faces uses Jboss EL 2.0.0.

Anyway, we are in the process for updating to Unified EL. See https://issues.liferay.com/browse/FACES-1892 for more info.

Hello my friend juan i don't like your attitude much. Anyhow i'm not going to confirm with tomcat7. As for the jira ticket do you seriously expect every previous version be tagged. It affects 2.0.0 i wouldn't be whining about it otherwise, period.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi again.

As I said before, we are in process of changing the EL implementation, maybe you can try to change the EL implementation yourself (pom.xml + web.xml) and tell us the results, those would be useful for sure.

It would be great if you can provide some clear steps for reproducing the issue and a simple test portlet. Additionally to that, the environment you are reproducing the error on.

Thanks.
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
jjiiu ':
Juan Gonzalez:
Hi jjiiu,

Hello my friend juan i don't like your attitude much. Anyhow i'm not going to confirm with tomcat7. As for the jira ticket do you seriously expect every previous version be tagged. It affects 2.0.0 i wouldn't be whining about it otherwise, period.

Hey jjiiu,

Welcome to our community, and thanks for your feedback on and contribution to Liferay's open source projects. Please respect others in this forum and refrain from using sarcasm and profanity (check out our Content Policy for more info). None of us really "know" each other personally, and everyone comes from different cultures and backgrounds, so it's best to assume that others are truly here to help and don't mean disrespect even if that's how you perceive it. Thanks!