Foren

Hide the Control Panel

thumbnail
Thomas Berg, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Hide the Control Panel

Regular Member Beiträge: 131 Beitrittsdatum: 07.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
Using Liferay 6

What would be the best way to hide the control-panel from users that does not have a specific role? In our context, regular (non-privileged) users should have no access to the control-panel, not even for editing account-information (we're using other portlets for that).

Just removing the link by editing the theme is not enough since it would still be accessible. Are there some settings I can change in order to achieve this?

/ Thomas
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Hide the Control Panel

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Welcome to Liferay. I haven't found a way to disable the access. We're in a very controlled environment so hiding it is somewhat acceptable for us. However, for those that allow the public to use things, it really isn't an answer, I know. Maybe in version 6???
thumbnail
Thomas Berg, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 131 Beitrittsdatum: 07.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for your answer,

Even if you don't provide a solution, you've saved me some (probably a lot of) time!

By the way, are you willing to share some bits about how you have hidden
the control-panel for unathorized users?
F C C, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 27.11.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Thomas,

I'm in the same case. I want to avoid the normal users access to Control Panel, and creating pages (public or private), and any other administrative function or modifing layouts, portlets, and hide the Dockbar. It's so simple, the normal users must see the portal as a usual Internet portal, nor as a colaboration portal, and all the administrative options via ad hoc portlets.

I look for this in version 6 also, and I don't find any useful for this.

¿What is the better way to achieve this?

¿Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

PS: I'm now investigating the permissions, and I think that this is the way. I'll send the results.
Fernando C, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 27.11.09 Neueste Beiträge
In Liferay 6 RC2 I cannot find the way to avoid a user access to his My Account in control panel. There are some permissions about it, but I can't get them work.

This link is interesting to hide de dock: http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/1071674/Using+Custom+Permissions+in++Theme/maximized?p_p_auth=W9L77yye