Foren

Constant Repository Exeption - Liferay 6.2 GA2

J Tojal, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Constant Repository Exeption - Liferay 6.2 GA2

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 16.06.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys,

I'm constantly getting the exception below. I understand that deleting repositories can cause this problem, but this keeps happening even after deleting all DB references to this primary key...

Has anyone came across this issue yet?
is there some way so disable this repository checks?

Partial stacktrace:
ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-547][JSONWebServiceServiceAction:82] com.liferay.portal.kernel.repository.RepositoryException: No Repository exists with the primary key 425937
com.liferay.portal.kernel.repository.RepositoryException: No Repository exists with the primary key 425937
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.checkRepository(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:76)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor472.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Constant Repository Exeption - Liferay 6.2 GA2

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Does the repository show up in the repository list in the control panel? I'm guessing you didn't delete all references to the primary key, Liferay has a tendency of hiding things all through the database which is why you will constantly see posts telling folks not to be in the database at all...

At this point you may have corrupted things to the point where it may be difficult to resolve it. Your full stack trace could provide some pointer as to where this failure is occurring from...
J Tojal, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 16.06.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi David,

Thanks for the advise.
I understand that DB is off-limits and, because of that, only started to delete references in DB on a local test environment.

We're actually just using the file system to store dlfiles.
So, the Documents&Midia section from the site administration panel we just see folders (was this control panel section that you were asking me to check?).

Full stack trace attached.

Thanks for the quick response.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 228 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Do you have clients using Liferay Sync 1.2? If a user is syncing to a repo that was deleted, those error logs will continue to appear until the user unselects the site on Liferay Sync.

This is resolved in Liferay Sync 3 (along with many other issues).
Richard Uijen, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 15.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I'm new here and fairly new with LR and LR sync. I am testing the usability for us of both LR and LR sync.
I managed to get the situation described above after succeeding in getting LR sync to work. What happened next, was that my LR portal was wrecked because of Social Office bugs, which made me move away from CE 6.2 GA4 and install GA2 instead. Of course, forgetting all about LR sync and possible consequences.

- I have a fully up-to-date ubuntu 64 bit machine, running the linux plug-in. It now fails to open every time I try. So I cannot change settings there. (I can't find any file containing the settings, would that be a solution?)
- My CE 6.2 GA2 installation has the admin plug-in, but it is 'temporarily unavailable' all the time, so no settings to change there and no possibility to continue testing...
- liferaynativity has marked my shared folders, but the 'open website' link brings up the error message mentioned above. Uninstalling the linux plug-in entirely (through ubuntu software manager) removes the decoration from the icons, but the link to the website remains in the menu (why???).

I'm about to throw in the towel, trying to get a simple (=no customisation) configuration with liferay working. (if liferay is simple to configure, what does that say about other solutions?)

Any clue on how I can get the linux plug-in working again and the portal plug-in working. If possible, I would like to not have to reinstall ubuntu.

Best regards,
Richard

I forgot to mention that, indeed, I used liferay sync version 1.2.4 B1 (version 3 is not yet available for linux).

I found an effective solution!

I changed the name of the directory 'liferay-sync', after I had activated - even uninstalled!! - Liferay Sync. To my surprise, the program instantly appeared on the screen with the message that the directory it was synchronizing could not be found anymore! It offered me the possibility to configure another host. (Of course, before doing so, I quickly reinstalled the application, so the new settings would be saved.)

I could not ask for more, only one hour before I was expected to give a demo of our possible new collaboration solution! I had enough time to configure the system, to upload 2.1 GB of documents into the portal (on localhost), to create a recognizable situation, and to drive to the meeting.

I take back my words about the difficulty to configure the portal! Within seven days, without any substantial previous knowledge of building a website, I (alone) realised a portal (6.2 CE GA2, but with hindsight I think GA4 should work as well) with an external site containing our current website (iframe ;-) ), an extranet with basic social media functions and provisions for one or more newsletters (RCSnewsletter), and a dedicated site for board members, which contains our digitized archive (LiferaySync) and the full spectrum of Social Office CE.

I encountered the disappearing files bug of liferay on Ubuntu (workaround: copy them back from the original download), incompatible themes that looked nice, but could not be altered in the higher version of liferay (don't use incompatible themes), but most of all I had difficulties in finding up-to-date documentation!

Sorry for the elaboration, but I had doubts that this 'project' would succeed, because I had issues in all components and had to collect many isolated solutions, not knowing whether the whole would end up working. I can now say that - even though you miss a comprehensive construction manual - it is possible to get the system in the air.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Hi Richard,

I apologize for the delay as most of the Sync team was on vacation this past week.

I'm glad you found a solution! Sync will indeed get quite confused if you setup a new portal instance with the same URL as a previous instance. In the future, you can clear out all the configuration data by deleting the folder ~/.liferay-sync. When you start up Sync again, it will allow you to select a new instance.

Though this situation will only happen in development/test environments, Sync 3 makes the process of "unlinking" an account very easy. I understand you can't use Sync 3 since a Linux version is not available yet. After our current focus of releasing a stable Mac/Windows version, we will attempt a Linux version as time permits.

No Problem ;-)

It is good to focus on win/mac first. I was testing on an Ubuntu machine. If/when we go to production, we can sync from a windows machine as well.

The reason for using lr sync was to import the directories and files into liferay's documents and media (mainly for the purpose of the demo). When I a made a backup of the working system (liferay home plus all subdirectories), the size of it was only 1 GB. I have been wondering where the 2.1 GB documents had gone. Had they been deleted, when I was messing with the liferay-sync directory? When I checked this directory, it still contained files for a total of 2.1 GB. Then, I remembered some advertising slogan 'just in time synchronizing'. I guess not all documents were uploaded then. Is that so? If so, can the upload be forced? If we upload the documents that way, we do that from machines that are not always on.

I'm sorry if I go too far off the original topic.

Bets regards!
thumbnail

Hm, I just noticed the "just-in-time syncing" description on the landing page and that's not correct for the desktop app, only for the mobile app. I apologize about that confusion. We're re-doing the entire landing page for the Sync 3 release and the "just-in-time syncing" part will be clarified.

I'm not sure why your Sync directory is 2.1GB but your Liferay contents are only 1GB. Does your backup use compression? Do you know which files (if any) are missing on portal that exist in your liferay-sync folder?
thumbnail

Oh, and please do start a new forum topic as this is not relevant to the original forum topic of "Constant Repository Exeption". Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
I'm moving this thread to the Liferay Sync category because the stack trace is coming from the sync DL object service:

com.liferay.portal.kernel.repository.RepositoryException: No Repository exists with the primary key 425937
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.checkRepository(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:76)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor347.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:115)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.DefaultTransactionExecutor.execute(DefaultTransactionExecutor.java:62)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:51)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:56)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:175)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy82.checkRepository(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.sync.service.impl.SyncDLObjectServiceImpl.getSyncDLObjectUpdate(SyncDLObjectServiceImpl.java:334)