Foren

xuggler Audio resampling is not supported

thumbnail
Sebastian Wörner, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

xuggler Audio resampling is not supported

Junior Member Beiträge: 46 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.14 Neueste Beiträge
hi

i installed xuggler and activate it.
upload a video is working.
when i try to use it, i get the error: "Audio resampling is not supported" (see error Message below)
After a few minutes i can use the video in web content, the error disappears.
When i save the web content. i see the video in text, but when i click on the play button, nothing happend.
The video is not playing.
I tried this with different mp4 Videos. Its always the same.

Upload the video, try to use it, Error "Audio resampling is not supported" comes, wait a few minutes, try again, it works, save content, watch content, see the video player but nothing plays.

Can anyone help?
Using Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.2.10 EE GA1 (Newton / Build 6210 / November 1, 2013) on Tomcat.
xuggler is in version 5.4 Linux/64Bit

Thanks for helping

11:28:31,009 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:567] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:502)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:476)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:522)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:553)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:452)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:110)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:36)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.generate(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:32)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.BaseProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(BaseProcessorMessageListener.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:26)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:72)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:682)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:593)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:646)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.main(ProcessExecutor.java:192)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayConverter.createIAudioResampler(LiferayConverter.java:151)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayConverter.prepareAudio(LiferayConverter.java:723)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoConverter.doConvert(LiferayVideoConverter.java:159)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoConverter.convert(LiferayVideoConverter.java:72)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:643)
... 2 more
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: xuggler Audio resampling is not supported

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sebastian,

can you describe the steps you followed for "installing Xuggler"?
Does your video files have the ".mp4" extension?
Do you know how many audio channels does you video have?

Thanks.
thumbnail

RE: xuggler Audio resampling is not supported (Antwort)

After a new restart, the video player is working fine.
thumbnail

Good news Sebastian,

I am still interested in how did you install Xuggler.

Did you restart Liferay or the whole server machine?
thumbnail

I revise my statement. The video is just playing in IE. Firefox and Chrome don't play the video, you see the video play, you see the video start screen and the video is loading, but you can't play the video. In Chrome nothing happens, when you click on play and in Firefox the player plays only black frames.

I installed xuggler over the Control Panel -> Server Administration -> External Services.
I chosed the appropriate install file (Linux 64bit) and clicked on 'install'.
After that i restart Liferay.
Then i enabled xuggler.
After that i restart Liferay again.

There is still the error:
ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:567] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:502)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:476)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:522)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:553)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:452)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:110)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:36)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.generate(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:32)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.BaseProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(BaseProcessorMessageListener.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:26)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:72)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:682)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:593)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:646)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.main(ProcessExecutor.java:192)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Audio resampling is not supported
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayConverter.createIAudioResampler(LiferayConverter.java:151)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayConverter.prepareAudio(LiferayConverter.java:723)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoConverter.doConvert(LiferayVideoConverter.java:159)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoConverter.convert(LiferayVideoConverter.java:72)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:643)
... 2 more
thumbnail

Ok so here are some questions:

• Paste here the logs when installing Xuggler from Control Panel. Post here your Liferay directory path too.
  • If there is some failure when generating the video preview, then you shouldn't be able to add that preview anywhere. How do you add your video to a web content? Are you using the video button from CKEditor toolbar or are you using other way? What shows when editing that document in Documents & Media? Is video shown or only "Generating preview may take some minutes"?
  • Paste here more logs when error is thrown, some important lines may be written before and after.
  • What OS are you using?
thumbnail

Thanks for the fast reply.

Paste here the logs when installing Xuggler from Control Panel. Post here your Liferay directory path too.
- How can i uninstall/reinstall Xuggler? Just delete the booth jar files (xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar and xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar) from Path '/data/liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp10/tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib' and restart Liferay? Or is there a better way?

If there is some failure when generating the video preview, then you shouldn't be able to add that preview anywhere.
- I can add the videos in WebContent for example.

How do you add your video to a web content?
Are you using the video button from CKEditor toolbar or are you using other way?
- Yes, i use this button, see UseTheVideoButtonFromEditor.JPG in the Attachments

What shows when editing that document in Documents & Media? Is video shown or only "Generating preview may take some minutes"?
- The video is shown but not playing in Chrome & Firefox, see DocumentAndMedia_VideoIsNotPlaying.JPG. In the IE there is no Preview, see DocumentAndMedia_IE_NoPreview.JPG

Paste here more logs when error is thrown, some important lines may be written before and after.
- i post the logs, after i know how to reinstall xuggler ok?

What OS are you using?
- CentOS
thumbnail

Sebastian Wörner:

- How can i uninstall/reinstall Xuggler? Just delete the booth jar files (xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar and xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar) from Path '/data/liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp10/tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib' and restart Liferay? Or is there a better way?

You should only remove xuggle-xuggler-arch-XXX, please do NOT remove xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar. Add that file again and then check if you have this property:

xuggler.enabled=true 

in your portal-ext.properties and remove it. BTW, please post here your portal-ext.properties too

Then restart Liferay. After that go to Control Panel --> Server Administration -> External Services and there you will see a "Download" button in Xuggler section. Click on it and while is downloaded and installed paste here the logs.

Sebastian Wörner:

- I can add the videos in WebContent for example.

This is weird as I can't see the message for "Generating preview may take some minutes, probably that is caused by the fact that you're uploading using some browser which don't set the right MIME type (IE). Anyway seems that preview is created, Can you attach the video file please?

Sebastian Wörner:

- CentOS

Version number?
thumbnail

1) I delete xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar
2) see portal-ext.properties in attachment
3) i restart tomcat
4) i installed xuggler over Control Panel --> Server Administration -> External Services
5) the log after install xuggler is in attachment 'log_after_install_xuggler.txt'

Videofile is in attachment
We use CentOS 6.6
thumbnail

Hi Sebastian,

I've made a test with your video and I can preview it with Firefox and Chrome with no problem.

I saw you attached the logs after uploading the video, I need those when you are installing Xuggler from Control Panel too.

Additionally, please can you search if do you have any other *xuggle* file in your server apart from the ones existing in Liferay WEB-INF/lib?
Did you set any xuggle environment variable in your server? (maybe you read that deprecated instructions somewhere)
thumbnail

About the *xuggle* files in your server, please search for anyone, maybe there is a problem in WEB-INF/lib too.
thumbnail

i saw under Portal Properties that the xuggler.enabled Property 'is stored in the database'
is this correct?

Under 'External Services' i enabled xuggler and i added "xuggler.enabled=true" to the portal-ext.
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Sebastian,
I saw you attached the logs after uploading the video, I need those when you are installing Xuggler from Control Panel too.

The log file is the log direct after install xuggler.

The search found a temp folder with the name xuggle
thumbnail

Sebastian Wörner:
1)
4) i installed xuggler over Control Panel --> Server Administration -> External Services
5) the log after install xuggler is in attachment 'log_after_install_xuggler.txt'

Did you restart Liferay after installing Xuggler? In case you didn't, can you stop your server, then ps -ef |grep java to ensure there is no other Liferay/java process and stop was made properly?

Do you have some XUGGLE env variables in your server?

Did you made that *xuggle* search using a root user? (so we can ensure there is no other Xuggle out there)

Can you try removing /tmp/xuggle and /tomcat.../temp/xuggle directories then startup?
thumbnail

in liferay<date>.log is no special entry or a error entry after installing xuggler.

The search was with root user, yes.

Now i stoped tomcat. No java process is running, see attachment.
I removed the temp folder and delete the xuggle-xuggler-...jar again and after restart, i installed again and restart again.

Still the same error.
thumbnail

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry I didn't specify but I asked about catalina.out log, not liferay-XXX.log.

Can you answer about the env variables in your server that I asked before?

Which browser do you use for uploading your video file?

Can you see what appears when editing the video in the right side ---> Automatically Extracted metadata -> Content type?
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez:

Sorry I didn't specify but I asked about catalina.out log, not liferay-XXX.log.

Ups :-)
catalina is in attachment

Juan Gonzalez:

Can you answer about the env variables in your server that I asked before?

-> Yes, no xuggler variables

Juan Gonzalez:

Which browser do you use for uploading your video file?

I tried IE 11, FF 36.0 and Chrome 42.0.2311.90

Juan Gonzalez:

Can you see what appears when editing the video in the right side ---> Automatically Extracted metadata -> Content type?

Contenttyp is application/mp4
thumbnail

RE: xuggler Audio resampling is not supported (Antwort)

Wow, this was much better to understand the issue!

Ok, so after reading your log you had problems while installing Xuggler through control panel, as it couldn't download the jar (probably caused by some proxy).

After that, you could install it, but this error was thrown:

ERROR [main][xuggler:82] Error: inputChannels &gt; 2; unsupported

Are you sure you're using the same video you attached here in forums? This shouldn't happen with that video as it has 2 audio channels.

I've seen that you video as a Quicktime container. Can you try changing you video extension to .mov, and then upload again?
thumbnail

Thanks. Video is now playing.
Even the 'old' videos where the message with the 2 audio channels.
They play now :-)
thumbnail

Hi Sebastian, so finally how you fixed the issue? Changing the extension to .mov?
thumbnail

Hi Sebastian please can you tell how did you fix it for future reference?

Was it changing the extension to .mov or was fixed in other way?
thumbnail

Sorry, i have no clearly reason that fixed this issue.

I reinstalled xuggler again. Then my weekend started.
A colleague restart the whole system and installed the missing ghostscript for libreoffice (export pdf, ...) on this weekend

On Monday i tried to play the videos and all of them worked fine.
No changing the extensions.
Darshan Patel, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 12.08.19 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sebastian Wörner,

Can you please find the way you are able to resolve the issue occurred?

I stuck in the same problem and not getting any solution. I have properly installed xuggler and enabled it.