Foren

How to customize the dockbar with a hook

Frédéric Aubé, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

How to customize the dockbar with a hook

Junior Member Beiträge: 37 Beitrittsdatum: 17.07.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I want to change the user avatar in the dockbar.
I've found the file to modify into liferay-portal-master\portal-web\docroot\html\portlet\dockbar\view_user_account.jspf

My problem is to find this one to create a hook with Liferay IDE.
I looked into tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\dockbar but i didnt found it!

I'm wondering if the notifications portlet has something to do with that, it create also a custom jsp of that file.

Tell me if you don't understand what I mean. My Liferay is 6.2 GA3
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: How to customize the dockbar with a hook

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
So you can only have one hook on a jsp file, they don't overlay on each other.

Since notifications already hook that jsp page, you need to extend the notifications plugin to layer your change on top of the notifications change.

Find the "plugin extending plugin" in the dev.liferay.com site and use those instructions for creating your own patched notifications plugin.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 978 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
David H Nebinger:
So you can only have one hook on a jsp file, they don't overlay on each other.

Since notifications already hook that jsp page, you need to extend the notifications plugin to layer your change on top of the notifications change.

or just undeploy (delete) the notifications-portlet if you don't need it...

personally I think an OOTB portlet shouldn't be 'hooking' anything, given then hook conflicts
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Oh, not true. Notifications is decent enough but one of the visible notifications it provides is the count on the dockbar. Personally I like it cuz I know right away whatever page I'm on that I have something to do.

Without the JSP hook for notifications, well things would just sit in the queue waiting for me to finally notice they were there.

Sure, one could probably architect a way to register a dockbar extension with the portal and the portal would track and invoke all of the extensions when it came time to render (I envision an add to the liferay-portlet.xml, a class hierarchy to extend for support, ...), but that is quite a lot of hoops to jump through to support more than one dockbar extension.
Frédéric Aubé, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 37 Beitrittsdatum: 17.07.14 Neueste Beiträge
I couldn't remove notifications, it's an important portlet in my project.

Thanks for the tips David