Foren

RE: Web Content: How to edit?

thumbnail
Benny Bräuer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Web Content: How to edit?

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 13.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,

I'm new to Liferay 6.0.5 and started to build a website based on it. I added a "web content" element with some text and pictures to a page. Now I want to edit this content. But when I open the web content entry, the editor field is empty!

I'm able to create new content in the editor and publish it as a new version, but that is not what I have in mind ;)

What is wrong?

Cheers,
Benny

PS: Will there be an documentation for version 6 in the near future?
thumbnail
Samuel Liu, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 301 Beitrittsdatum: 27.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Benny,

Try going to Control Panel -> Web Content. Your article should be editable from there (you either have to click it or hit actions->edit or something)

Documentation is on the way, portal admin guide is being written right now. The wiki is getting overturned too! You can help out if you have time: Liferay Community Documentation Cleanup ;)

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail

Hi Sam,

thanks for your answer. The problem is, it is not editable from there ... because the content is not shown in the editor field. It is shown on the front-ens/web site (so it was saved), but it wysiwyg-editor field is empty emoticon

Cheers,
Benny
thumbnail

Hi Benny,

Weird! it works for me...what bundle are you running? We recommend Tomcat.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail

Sorry for my late response: "long weekend" ;)

Hm, I was running the default 6.0.4 with TC 6 and now 6.0.5 (clean install).

But now I just tried it in Chrome ... successfully emoticon ... so I think its an issue from Firefox (latest stable) on Snow Leopard.

Cheers,
Benny
thumbnail

Hi Benny,

So just wanted to confirm before we do some testing: the issue is still present in Snow Leopard Firefox for 6.0.5?

Haha sorry for the long response here too emoticon

Sam
thumbnail

Hi Sam,

yes, it is still there.

Cheers
Benny
Harri Paalanen, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 02.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
I guess I have the same problem. 6.0.5 GA, Mac OS X 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.10, Firebug 1.5.4. At first it seemed to be working but now every time when I try to create or edit web content it fails to load it. And it seems that the toolbar is a bit different than it should be. Also the background should be transparent but for some reason it is rendered white. I haven't change any editor settings. Seems to be very random problem because some of the 6.0.5 installation are working correctly, some with IE8.
Antonio Martínez, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 32 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.09 Neueste Beiträge
I have the same problem too, when I edit a web content the content field is empty.

Liferay 6.0.5, Windows XP SP2, Firefox 3.6.13 and Firebug 1.6.2.

If I uninstall Firebug the problem disappears. The problem persist after uninstall Firebug.
Jaafar Altaie, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 69 Beitrittsdatum: 26.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Seems like the same problem STILL exists in the latest version (liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1) which I'm running on Win 2008 Server R2. I'm just looking around the forum to see if there's any fixes but it just looks like editing web content is a limitation of Liferay. I might have to look at other portals if something as basic as editing web content proves so difficultt. I really like Liferay so would welcome any advice or suggestions of how to simply edit web content. THANK YOU!
thumbnail
bergkamp sliew, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 08.11.09 Neueste Beiträge
Try to update the virtual hostname and mail server.
It worked for me, at least.

Just to add, the problem doesn't exist if everything is running locally.
And I had that problem (CKEditor was empty) after installing/hosting Liferay in a dedicated server.
Don Tang, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 09.11.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hi! I have the similar problem over there. I tried to edit the web content of one of our pages via control panel, but obviously I can find nowhere to edit the content. Can anyone help?