Foren

EXT plugin Service builder

Antti Kokko, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

EXT plugin Service builder

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello all,

I´m trying to build service with ext plugin in Eclipse. My liferay is based on Tomcat and has version 6.0.5. I´m using Helios Eclipse and plugin SDK is nightly build.

My scenario is following: I need new db tables and struts portlet. On of the new tables has a relation to users table in Liferay. I managed to do the struts portlet but building service fails (both ant and Eclipse).
I was able to build service for normal portlet plugin however not via Eclipse but I had to use ant build-service instead. And since I´m not able to add portal-impl.jar as dependency for normal portlet plugin the relation with users table fails because it needs API stuff from that particular jar.

So after all this I´m wondering if I have to build the service with normal plugin and then just copy the service.jar to my ext plugin lib to start using it but in this way of course it feels a bit more work to keep on 2 different projects and then do copying and pasting. And of course I can manually just copy the userId to the new tables instead of using relation.
Antti Kokko, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: EXT plugin Service builder

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.10 Neueste Beiträge
Found an answer related to this post and this message thread:

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/5464304

What I did was I hardcoded the address to service.xml in build-common-ext.xml.

However ant build-service failed but running "Build services" in eclipse did the thing. As for now I´m able to proceed with my ext struts portlet and ext service.