Foren

Deploying theme in GlassFish

Christopher Olbertz, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Deploying theme in GlassFish

Regular Member Beiträge: 107 Beitrittsdatum: 21.11.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hello everybody,

I am working with Liferay 6.2 on a GlassFish 4 server. It is a GlassFish server which I deployed Liferay as war file on. Everything works very well. Now I developed a theme on my local machine. I used the Liferay bundle with Tomcat 7 and Liferay 6.2 and Liferay IDE, because Liferay IDE is not working with GlassFish. The theme is running on my Tomcat without any problems. Now I'd like to deploy the theme on my GlassFish server.

In Plugin Configuration, there is no button to install a plugin. Therefore, I deployed the theme as war via Liferay autodeploy. I exported the war with Eclipse. The war is deployed on GlassFish and I can see it in the GlassFish administration. But it is not registered as theme in Liferay. There are no exceptions in the log file. In the log file there is the message "successfully deployed", but the message "theme is successfully registered" is not there.

Has anyone an idea what's the problem here?

Kind regards,

Christopher
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Deploying theme in GlassFish

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
You should deploy all plugins by dropping them in the Liferay deploy folder.

Thank you for the answer. I used Liferay's deploy folder. The server.log says:
"SystemTechnikTheme-theme was successfully deployed" and then "[AutoDeploy]successfully autodeployed"

But Liferay still doesn't show the theme.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14919 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Just because I don't know you and I don't want to assume anything, have you tried selecting the theme for a page, or is it just not in the list of available (installed) themes?
thumbnail
Gurumurthy Godlaveeti, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 208 Beitrittsdatum: 12.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Christopher Olbertz,

Two quick ways to find whats exactly the issue with your server.

1 : Create one more fresh theme & deploy it. Try to Apply for any page/site.
2: If 1 pass, then try to see all configuration files differences b/w fresh theme & existed. I think its issue with look and feel xml file emoticon

If all set up is proper then only you will see "theme is successfully registered"

Thanks
Guru

Hi,

thank you for yours answers,

@David: I don't see the themes in the list of available themes.

@Gurumurthy: I created two new themes. The first with Liferay IDE and the second with terminal only. Both show exactly the same behaviour on Glassfish. The log file says: deep-blue-theme.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.

And then, nothing is happening. I don't know what the server means if he says a few seconds, but I think he doesn't mean more than twenty minutes.

I compared the new themes and the old one, but I did not find any differences in liferay-look-and-feel-xml expect of the theme's name.