Foren

Need Some Help with Search...

Wesley Reisz, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Need Some Help with Search...

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 14.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
I've been digging through the forums and liferay source to understand where the permissions are breaking down on this, but to no avail. So I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can help.

I want to add search to the dockbar. So the search is available anytime you're authenticated into the system. Then depending on where you're at, you have the option to search this community/organization or all of the communities across the liferay implementation. So what I've done to this point is add (at this point) only the HTML required to post from the dockbar into the what is basically the guest community. On the guest community, I've added the search as a hidden tab. So basically I posted to the guest community (because it's shared by everyone) from any other community in the portlet.

This works great as long as your an admin... If you're not an admin, the search results find nothing. If I add the search to that community the aggregation works fine. It's only posting from one community into the guest that it fails.

Any thoughts? Failing that, what is the right way to have a search that available no matter what community you're in?
Thanks,
Wes
thumbnail
prakash harigopal, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Need Some Help with Search...

Regular Member Beiträge: 101 Beitrittsdatum: 23.06.10 Neueste Beiträge
Have you tried adding the Search portlet to Theme ,in that way it will be available across the portal irrespective of any community or organization you are navigating.

thx
prakash.