Foren

A hook alternative to liferay-portlet-ext.xml

Ramy Georgy, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

A hook alternative to liferay-portlet-ext.xml

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
As far as I know, the only way to override some of the classes configured in liferay-portlet.xml is to create a liferay-portlet-ext.xml file and make the changes there.

Examples of such classes:
<open-search-class>
<portlet-data-handler-class>
<indexer-class>

There are 2 downsides to this approach:
1. It's not very dynamic. The server must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
2. Any overriding classes must be either on the global classpath (probably in a jar file) or in the ROOT application classpath, which means deployment is not as convenient as that for plugins.

Suggestion:
Provide support for overriding some of these classes via the existing hook plugin mechanism. This would make it very easy to dynamically deploy and undeploy a different Portlet Data Handler for the Document library, for example, or a new Open Search implementation.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: A hook alternative to liferay-portlet-ext.xml

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Ramy,

That's a very good idea. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement it but it's probably worth taking a look at it.

Can you create an LPS ticket in issues.liferay.com?

Also, do you have dev knowledge to give a try at implementing it?
Ramy Georgy, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jorge,

Per your suggestion, I created an LPS ticket for this:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15760

I can certainly take a shot at providing an initial implementation for it.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Miguel Saraiva Sampaio, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 24 Beitrittsdatum: 15.01.11 Neueste Beiträge
Any news on this implementation?

I would like to apply this to our Asset Publisher core portlets: http://sushilsaini.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/load-liferay-portlet-by-ajax/

It's related with perfomance tweaks and because this asset publisher pagination buttons are refreshing the entire page.

Anyhow if I can implement this change to liferay-portlet.xml or another way of reducing the scope of the refresh to only the portlet I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Miguel