Foren

Error when installing a plugin

thumbnail
Marcin Rzeźnicki, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Error when installing a plugin

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 17.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I hope this is the right place to post technical problems with SO installation. In case it is not, please redirect me to appropriate board. That said, we have been unable to install any plugin. Every attempt of installation fails with error (pasted from logs):
16:03:05,401 ERROR [FileImpl:169] /usr/local/liferay-social-office/deploy/download (Is a directory)

This error information is true - there is directory under the path presented above, but that does not help anyway :-)
Is there any known way to fix this? Thanks in advance for any info.
Nick Willey, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Error when installing a plugin

Junior Member Beiträge: 53 Beitrittsdatum: 24.08.10 Neueste Beiträge
Certain functionality has been limited in SO compared to LR Portal. What steps are you taking to install a plugin, and what plugin(s) are you trying to install?

Nick
thumbnail

Nick Willey:
Certain functionality has been limited in SO compared to LR Portal. What steps are you taking to install a plugin, and what plugin(s) are you trying to install?

Nick

Hi Nick,
I am simply going to Plugins Installation view in Control Panel, browse through plugin list under Install New Portlets and click Install button on something. Last time I tried it was Google Chartlets. I also tried jbpm plugin, the same effect: There is 'your request was submitted and portlet is being installed' (or so) message and nothing happens, plugin was not marked as installed etc. When I check logs on server, the message I posted is shown.
BTW, thanks for quick response. I really appreciate it.

RE: Error when installing a plugin (Antwort)

I haven't had good luck with the method you are using. I suggest downloading the plugin WAR file and manually installing through Plugins Installation|Install More Portlets|Upload File.

Post back any error and I'll try to help.

Nick
thumbnail

Nick Willey:
I haven't had good luck with the method you are using. I suggest downloading the plugin WAR file and manually installing through Plugins Installation|Install More Portlets|Upload File.

Post back any error and I'll try to help.

Nick

Hi,
This time, following your recommendation, I tried to download and upload jbpm plugin. It failed but I believe this is plugin misbehaving:
18:08:33,464 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter:71] SQL Error: -1, SQLState: 08001
18:08:33,464 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter:72] The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@633f1b7d[file =/home/webapps/jbpm-web/WEB-INF/sql
/jbpm.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/webapps/jbpm-web/WEB-INF/sql/jbpm.lck (No such file or directory)
18:08:33,464 INFO [SchedulerThread:79] runtime exception while executing timers
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Cannot open connection
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:72)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:29)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:318)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:109)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.connection(JDBCContext.java:137)
at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.begin(JDBCTransaction.java:57)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.beginTransaction(SessionImpl.java:1262)
at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSession(DbPersistenceService.java:98)
at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSchedulerSession(DbPersistenceService.java:244)
at org.jbpm.JbpmContext.getSchedulerSession(JbpmContext.java:529)
at org.jbpm.scheduler.impl.SchedulerThread.executeTimers(SchedulerThread.java:103)
at org.jbpm.scheduler.impl.SchedulerThread.run(SchedulerThread.java:70)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@633f1b7d[file =/home/webapps/jbpm-web/WEB-INF/sql/jbpm.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/webapps/jbpm-web/WEB-INF/sql/jbpm.lck (No such file or directory)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:620)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:169)
at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:315)
... 9 more

Our installation does not use HSQL. We use MySQL as our db engine, so I believe that this plugin went wild. Am I right?
thumbnail

Oh, by the way, it is throwing this error every 5 seconds :-) How do I stop it? :-)
thumbnail

Anyway, this must be jbpm plugin fault (I simply had to undeploy it). when I used your procedure to install Google Chartlets it went just fine. Thank you for you help.

To stop the error, I would restart your app server (i.e. tomcat).

I'm curious why you'd try the JBPM plugin? Are you familiar with its purpose?

If you want to install additional plugins/portlets, I would make sure that they fit with the overall purpose of Social Office. For the most part, Social Office isn't designed to be customized. There are some things you can change, but for the most part it's beauty is that it works out of the box.

It sounds like you may be better off using LR Portal and further customizing that.

Nick
thumbnail

Nick Willey:
To stop the error, I would restart your app server (i.e. tomcat).

Undeploying this portlet was enough, fortunately

Nick Willey:

I'm curious why you'd try the JBPM plugin? Are you familiar with its purpose?

Yes I am, I wanted my SO users to be able to edit business processes via SO custom site. I hoped this plugin'd enable that.

Nick Willey:

If you want to install additional plugins/portlets, I would make sure that they fit with the overall purpose of Social Office. For the most part, Social Office isn't designed to be customized. There are some things you can change, but for the most part it's beauty is that it works out of the box.

It sounds like you may be better off using LR Portal and further customizing that.

Nick

It seems I'll have to go this way, true. Anyway, Social Office is just right for setting up simple collaboration site and it truly works like a charm for this purpose. There are few features missing here and there, for instance - I am unable to set up calendar sharing via CalDAV or sth similar and there is no apparent way to inform people you work with that you, let's say, created new wiki page (except for forcing them to subscribe to this wiki) simple functionality like - send link to my friend would be step forward I suppose. Anyway, I'll keep evaluating SO. for now it is just fine.