Foren

Losing entered content after few seconds

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Losing entered content after few seconds

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Was "Losing entered content when switching web browser tab"
EDIT: Changing title to reflect problem better.

I'm currently using IE8.
While posting to this forum, I'm sometimes lose what I've entered in the editor when I switch IE's tabs.
Is somebody else getting this behavior?
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Losing entered content when switching web browser tab

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1313 Beitrittsdatum: 03.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi,
I tried my best but did not encounter the problems you describe.

I will continue with IE 8 for some days maybe with luck ?!
thumbnail

I'm doing the switch when I'm replying to forum messages - looking for url on other tabs to paste.

As I was replying again, I noticed that it may not be the tab switch, but even with "reply", it seems it initializes the content. Therefore, if I entered something as soon as the "New Message" page shows, it erases what's been entered after a second or so. It may be that I was switching tab as soon as I entered something and was missing what I entered when coming back.
thumbnail

Confirmed the problem. I'm entering text and moving to another tab, but the problem was the not moving to another tab but Liferay seems to be initializing the content after I began entering the content. Thus, the content I've already entered are deleted during the text box initialization.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Sorry, I don't understand... Is this something that should be fixed? Are you typing before the page is fully loaded on a slow connection - getting the initialization later?

Not using Windows I can't test with IE8, sorry. But if there's content lost, I'll report a bug for either the message board or the recent update of this site to 6.0EE. Just help me understand.
thumbnail

I'm posting here to try to find out if this is just my environment or if somebody else is experiencing the same. My connection isn't slow, but I have a virus checker active. I don't want to waste Liferay.com developer's time if I'm the only one having this problem.

It's difficult to now when the page is "fully" loaded because the page shows up and according to the web browser, the page is fully loaded. I've used the forum several times and found that I was entering before the icon bar was showing. The text area was being initialized or a empty quoted string is being inserted? after displaying the icon bar. I think this step is really unnecessary in the "reply" because there's nothing to put in the text area.

Would appreciate other people's feedback on whether they are experiencing this or not.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Losing entered content after few seconds

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
I have a slow connection (China emoticon) so it happens to me a lot but it probably happens on quicker connections too.

The problem is in reply/reply with quote. The textarea shows up before the BBCode editor loads. You can tell the BBCode isn't loaded because the gray bar with the text styling options doesn't show yet. Once the BBCode editor loads, it wipes anything you might have already type inside the textarea. I've just learned to wait until the icon bar shows up before starting to type anything.
thumbnail

Can this be fixed? Should I write up a jira issue on this?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
yup go for it emoticon