Foren

CMS workflow Help in Liferay 4.0

ferry hut, geändert vor 17 Jahren.

CMS workflow Help in Liferay 4.0

Junior Member Beiträge: 30 Beitrittsdatum: 02.11.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

I have been using liferay for some time, really impressive piece of software.

I was trying to use CMS and I am stuck with some configurations and setup.

Appreciate if you guys can throw some light to help me.

I would like to USE CMS for publishing my contents, I know how to create an article using structures and templates and also use journal content to publish the articles.

But I would like to setup in such a manner that its easy and its best way to work.

I would like to create an Writer group, Designer Group and Editor Group as stated in the Users guide under liferay, and use Workflow concept of maker and checker to accomplish my daily work.

Please let me know how I can setup this under liferay 4.0.

I would like the users under writer group to be able to create article's and assign onces its ready to designer and finally editor can do review and approve the same.
I would like to automate this process using email notifications and in the true process flow of work flow for example,if the designer likes to reassign the task to writer or the editor wants to reassign the task to writer and loop back again.

Also I have following infrastructure at my place,I have 2 servers one for developers and one for staging (pre live testing server) and I have the l Live server.

I would like to make things easier, so that once the whole work of content creation is completed using CMS and work flow or once the editor approves the contents and design everything(Articles,pages created under different communities ) should be be moved from one server to another and finally it should be moved to our live server.

Please let me know your thoughts about how to approach this problem.

Would appreciate if you all give your thoughts in any form if you have implemented such a similar scenario at your end.

Thanks a lot in advance, will be awaiting for your thoughtful ideas.

-Ferry

RE: CMS workflow Help in Liferay 4.0

Hi All,

Can any one let me know your experience in using CMS feature in liferay, I could see that in the conifugraiton of journal protlet there email sending feature but could not configure the writer group and editor group to assign after creating any article for approval.

please guide me.

RE: CMS workflow Help in Liferay 4.0

wait till liferay 4.30 is released, this is ongoing for liferay,for now use SOAP API to create your own UI.