Foren

Navigation based on permissions?

thumbnail
Nathan Bragg, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Navigation based on permissions?

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 08.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to modify the navigation bar to add pages or child pages, and only display those pages if that person is a member of that organization or community? I'm assuming that I would have to modify the template in some way but I havn't figured out the correct way to do this.

For example if I have a navigation bar that look like this for guests

============================================
Welcome | FAQ
===========================================

However for a signed in user, I would like it to display this if he is a member of this organization it would display this:

===========================================
Welcome | FAQ | Organization 1
==========================================

Thanks,
Nathan
Aaron Delani, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Navigation based on permissions?

thumbnail

Aaron Delani:
You can set permissions on individual pages by managing the pages through the control panel or clicking on on the Manage menu in the dockbar, then clicking on Pages.

You may be able to do that with Community pages. When I look at the permissions of the page you are able to toggle for the following kinds of users:

Owner
Power User
User
Community Member

However there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle only members of that Organization can view those pages.

Even if there was, another problem is, I can't figure out a way to not display the name of the page if they do not have permissions to view it. As far as I can tell it shows the name of the page, but when the user clicks on it, it makes the user sign in if not signed in, or redirects the user to the previous page if signed in but does not have the permissions to view the page.
Denise Tucker, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 26.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
We've set our intranet site up with Navigation tabs as Nathan illustrated above. This is how we've done it:
Most of the pages on the site are Public pages, but with Guest permissions removed.
For each page in a community that we want everyone in the entire organization to be able to see, we have assigned View permissions to a custom regular role, which all our users have.
For the pages in the community that we want only the community members to see, we just don't give that custom regular role View permissions; only the Community has View permissions.
thumbnail

Denise Tucker:
We've set our intranet site up with Navigation tabs as Nathan illustrated above. This is how we've done it:
Most of the pages on the site are Public pages, but with Guest permissions removed.
For each page in a community that we want everyone in the entire organization to be able to see, we have assigned View permissions to a custom regular role, which all our users have.
For the pages in the community that we want only the community members to see, we just don't give that custom regular role View permissions; only the Community has View permissions.

Thanks,

I'll probably have to go this route. It is a little bit of a pain cause I have to configure this for organizations instead of communities. For whatever reason there is no such option as 'Member of Organization' under permission like there is for 'Member of Community'

It means I'll have to create ~60 different roles. yuck
Jesse Paria, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 69 Beitrittsdatum: 04.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
You can set up custom permissions and then check it using permission checker. See this wiki
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Using+Custom+Permissions+in++Theme