Foren

Liferay is localized by not internationalized

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay is localized by not internationalized

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Liferay needs to be internationalized before it can be localized.

Example:
I can select order of name (i.e. given name first before family name or given name after family name), but internationalization means being dynamically able to select this order depending on current language selected. As of now, liferay is only able to specify one chosen order in the portal-ext.properties.

Need to have something like portal-ext_en.properties when "en" is the language code. Before this is done, need to separate properties that should be common to all locale from those that can be locale specific. Example: there should only be one database connection for all locale.

This feature should be implementable in about a week at most.

I've done a prototype localization on Liferay 6.0.5 to find which elements needs to be internationalized. Hope this was mistaken as a internationalization attempt - it wasn't.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Liferay is localized by not internationalized

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Hitoshi,

Agreed. I think the hardest part for this is to identify the locations that need to be "internationalized". If you have a list it would be very useful.

I also know that our consultants working for Japan are working on plugin that does a "Japan-ization" that deals with many of these aspects and the plan is to later make it part of the core.