Foren

Whats wrong with Liferay

Ranen Das, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Whats wrong with Liferay

Regular Member Beiträge: 137 Beitrittsdatum: 06.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
This is becoming a regular feature - mixing english with other languages???
thumbnail
Florencia Gadea, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Whats wrong with Liferay

Regular Member Beiträge: 146 Beitrittsdatum: 27.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Yes, it happens to me all the time...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
I don't know that there is anything wrong here...

Looks like your default locale is set so you see the surrounding content in the locale of your selection.

But forum posts, like mine for example, are done in my locale only. I'm not writing the forum post in all other languages that Liferay supports. So I think you're stuck seeing the original english post...

Other things in the portal itself can and are localized. You can localize your web content, your labels, etc. When the content supports localization, you get the localization.

But if the content does not support localization (i.e. my forum response), the content cannot be localized.

I'll typically use chrome's ability to translate pages when I get to a forum post that is in another language that I'm concerned about. Doesn't do an awesome job (it sucks at translating source code), but typically does enough that I can get the gist of what is being said...
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Happens the same to a mate in office.

I didn't see anything wrong. Probably is a browser language setting misconfiguration, and you can see now because of an upgrade in Liferay.com.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 978 Beitrittsdatum: 03.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
I get same thing once in a while but then clear my cache/cookies and all seems fine again

no idea why except that it seems to happen after I google then go to liferay page in other language then find myself in other language by default
Milan Kostoláni, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 92 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
The thing is that when you someone posts a link to wiki/forum/blog with his personal language option and you click on it, it changes your default language in liferay to language that has that someone as default.

So basically that was you see is not problem with liferay, just your default language changed to Magyar, probably after you clicked on some link to content posted by someone with default language - Magyar. (but I think it can be classified as bug, because it should not change your default language)