Foren

New themes not working on bitnami liferay 6.1.1

Paul Preiss, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New themes not working on bitnami liferay 6.1.1

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 17.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
I have recently setup a liferay 6.1.1 stack on bitnami. Everything works well except one problem which is the new themes do not work. I can install them from the marketplace and the log says successful but when I create a site with them there are no images or CSS styling. All the pages are created but they are just a long list of bullet points etc. When I try deploying the .lpkg file I get a huge list of errors. Was wondering if anyone else had this or similar problem?
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: New themes not working on bitnami liferay 6.1.1

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Paul Preiss:
I have recently setup a liferay 6.1.1 stack on bitnami. Everything works well except one problem which is the new themes do not work. I can install them from the marketplace and the log says successful but when I create a site with them there are no images or CSS styling. All the pages are created but they are just a long list of bullet points etc. When I try deploying the .lpkg file I get a huge list of errors. Was wondering if anyone else had this or similar problem?

I am guessing that this is due to the BitNami distros being relocated (by default) to the /bitnami context (as opposed to /), which causes LPS-29050 and the related LPS-29051.

One workaround is, after deploying the theme, go to Control Panel -> Site Templates. Look for the one named after the theme you installed. Next to it, click on Actions -> View Pages. This will show you the site template that the theme is using when new sites are created. Within the template are individual Web Content Display portlets that are used to populate pages when sites are created. Turn on "Edit Controls" at the top, and click on the little "Pencil" icon at the lower left of each broken web content article. Within there you'll probably find many places where the /bitnami prefix failed to be added due to the above bugs. For example, anything that starts with /documents/... should be fixed to be /bitnami/documents/...

I don't think it's possible to fix everything this way (e.g. the broken CSS links lie in template files somewhere in the theme that cannot, to my knowledge, be edited within the GUI). Of course, if you have command line access (which I think you get with BitNami) you can find the files within the theme that weren't properly relocated, and do it manually. This is tedious though.

The other workaround is to relocate Liferay back to / by removing the portal.ctx=/bitnami from the portal-ext.properties and/or portal-setup-wizard.properties that BitNami creates (and, at the OS level, moving the tomcat-xx.xx.xx/webapps/bitnami directory to be tomcat-xx.xx.xx/webapps/ROOT). Do all of that while the server is not running emoticon Also, I'm not sure if BitNami has stuff in the ROOT context, but if they do, this will destroy it. So buyer beware.