Foren

Breadcrumbs

Matt Passmore, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Breadcrumbs

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 25.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
By default, my breadcrumb trail looks like this...

intranet - home - departments - finance

1. How do I eliminate 'intranet' from the trail?

2. How do I stop the breadcrumbs from appearing on my home page? Is there an if stmt I can put around the breadcrumb code in portal_normal.vm?

I've seen some previous threads refer to modifications of the portal.properties file. Not sure where to find that, as my dir search returns multiple files with that name.

thanks,
Matt
thumbnail
Rahul Pande, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Breadcrumbs

Expert Beiträge: 310 Beitrittsdatum: 07.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Matt,

1. How do I eliminate 'intranet' from the trail?

If you are using Liferay 6.0.6 then there are following configuration available in portal.properties file

##
## Breadcrumb Portlet
##

#
# Set this to true to show the Guest community as the top level parent in
# the breadcrumbs. It will only show if it has at least one page.
#
breadcrumb.show.guest.group=true

#
# Set this to true to show the path of parent communities or organizations
# in the breadcrumbs. An community or organization will only be shown if it
# has at least one page.
#
breadcrumb.show.parent.groups=true

2. How do I stop the breadcrumbs from appearing on my home page? Is there an if stmt I can put around the breadcrumb code in portal_normal.vm?

Yes, you can hide breadcrumb conditionally for home page. For that you have to create custom theme and override the portal_normal.vm file. Please refer following link for more information on Theme in Liferay.

Thanks
Rahul
Matt Passmore, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Breadcrumbs

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 25.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
1. That seemed to work.
I don't see my 'home' page in the breadcrumbs. I hid it, as it was showing up as part of the navigation menu. Is there a way to prevent the home page from appearing as the first menu item without hiding it?

Also, if I nest all my pages under home, they don't populate the navigation. I have to create them on an equal level as the home page. Thus, the home page no longer appears as the parent in the breadcrumb trail.

2. That link appears to take me to general theme info. I'm looking for the syntax, a specific example of an #if stmt for hiding the breadcrumbs on the home page.